Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Thank you, Rad! I'm very glad to hear that someone from the team think that changing to the BFV engine isn't worth it! :)

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

well you're talking about normal mapping, ok - but its not the only new feature in bfv - many new code has been added (shooting while sitting in/on a vehicle, magnetic tnt and so on) - the shooting while driveing feature gives you many new possibilities ... also we could realise stuff we weren't able to do before but i dont want to go to deep into detail - anyways, fact is that the bfv engine has new possibilities which are attractive imo - atleast for myself ;)

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

Could you reveal the impossible stuff, not details but names or types? Shooting from vehicles would be terrific, but that's only one good reason, are there more? It would be interesting to hear about the bf1942 limitations, so please tell more.

Cpl.Punishment

Putting the "Hip" in Hipocracy

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

Too bad this thread just reverted to the same old arguements as all the others. That wasn't my intent, as I stated in the beginning. I was looking for a comparison between EoD and BF:V, rather than yet another, "FH should be redone for BF:V" post. Thanks anyway.

Kommisar

WAW Tournament Chairman

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

FWIW: At WAW we have created APC spawns for several of our maps (which work really well for game dynamic; especially when most of the CPs on those maps are non-spawnable CPs). But I'm unsure as to the difference between a vehicle spawn (like an APC) and a static object spawn would be. Both are destroyable, can be moved, and can spawn troops. And both have to be protected from attack.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago
Prime Evilthank u Rad-FH for ur "official" answer [/QUOTE] [quote=Rad-FH]Again, I'm only speaking on my own behalf

This is hardly an "official answer" as Rad himself says :rolleyes:

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#47 15 years ago
KommisarFWIW: At WAW we have created APC spawns for several of our maps (which work really well for game dynamic; especially when most of the CPs on those maps are non-spawnable CPs). But I'm unsure as to the difference between a vehicle spawn (like an APC) and a static object spawn would be. Both are destroyable, can be moved, and can spawn troops. And both have to be protected from attack.

We are not talking about vehicle spawns, there is nothing new in that (DC has spawns in helicopters and planes). The "movable" (don't confuse with "mobile") spawns in BF:V you can actually "pick up" (if you are the right class), carry it with you, and then drop it off somewhere hidden.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#48 15 years ago
HuffardoCould you reveal the impossible stuff, not details but names or types? Shooting from vehicles would be terrific, but that's only one good reason, are there more? It would be interesting to hear about the bf1942 limitations, so please tell more.

well, we got many ideas which we could not realise/ realise how we wanted i just dont want to talk about it because its simply intern and secret for public - till its out

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#49 15 years ago

Well, this seems to be the first thread the dev team actualy responded to. Its good to get some feedback on this HOT topic.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#50 15 years ago
Master Minderwell, we got many ideas which we could not realise/ realise how we wanted i just dont want to talk about it because its simply intern and secret for public - till its out

That sounds a bit like you already would have decided to move to BFV... Because if you hadn't, then telling it wouldn't be a problem because those things would be impossible and nobody could steal them. No, not BFV! :( Those ideas must be quite important if they alone will make FH leave bf1942, but still. *Sniff*