The flag capper and the 1337 killer : who is the most usefull for his side ? -1 reply

Please wait...

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago
Beast of WarHailar was too......

superslam.jpg

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

Beast of war, I love to play infantry, and I know it is not as easy to get scores then if you would be a pilot. But someone has to do it. And also, if you capture flags, you can always fight for them, and guard them.

A couple of weeks ago I played El Alamein with my clan, and I can tell you, we lost the flag we defended only once. So it was 100% worth to capture it.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago

I play infantry alot, and the other day while playing as just assault I came first on wolf in a nearly full server. Planes arent always the way, its what your good at. get the flags, defend them.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

Plus for the flag capper you've got to factor in that more often than not there'll be a couple of enemies in and around the flag that need to be killed before it can be taken. And then there's the immediate rush by the enemy team to recapture it once the flag goes white, a decentish player should be able to take at least a few people out before he is overrun, he may even be able to hold off the counterattack. So surely that helps out to some extent.

And as someone said before, why does a '1337' killer have to be a pilot? You can have '1337' tankers or '1337' infantrymen, who are also able to cap flags as well.

I never fly, mainly bcos I can't be bothered to practise and i'm not really interested in that area of BF. I can usually be found playing engineer, the jeep is my vehicle of choice, you can easily flank enemy vehicles in order to plant ex packs and get to anywhere that's in need of support fairly promptly. It almost always gets me into the top 10 of the scoreboard, top 3 fairly often, and although perhaps my KDR isnt as good as say a pilot, I like to think I make a valuable addition to my team.

Harry

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

Fagcappers or 1337 killers...?

I usually do both, and so do most people. This thread is about imaginary subjects Beast, your turning a simple game into a big issue.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

i usually find that because im a pilot close air support is my main aim, espacially at LANS because its really nice to dive bomb a tank supressing the guy next to me, look over to his screen and see my stuka screaming down and destrying it, such nice atmosphere

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago
'VioLAtoR[xL']Fagcappers or 1337 killers...?

S******. [COLOR=RED] (Damn dictionary censorship, that was supposed to be "sn1gger", nothing offensive at all, oh well!)[/COLOR] I guess this was mistake, easy to make but it just brings some crazy images to mind :lol:

Personally I am a elite Tank Commander, there's many an Apache or A10 pilot in DC who has come unstuck from my main cannon, and maps like El Alemain, Gazala etc are made for capping flags with armour. Only when the player numbers are low does air power become dominant, other times it is a combination of ground and air that wins the game in all mods, FH, DC and etc.

Have fun guys

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago

It sounds as if you are trying to vindicate the way you play..

You need to do *both* in order to win. Not all the spawn points, but the most tactically viable on the map.

Frayz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#39 16 years ago

I'm not sure about that. I only play on public (albeit well moderated) servers, but I find that when I am on a side that concentrates on capping flags rather than Ramboing, we win. It's hard to separate the two though- I don't know of many people who are great players who don't try to cap flags (pilots excepted). I have never played a game where we have captured enough flags to start a ticket bleed and then sit back and defend though. I think that the psychological advantage of having more and more flags over the enemy is greater than getting just enough flags and defending. In tournament play is getting just enough flags really a tactic?

Lemon Fresh

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#40 16 years ago

Ahhh, but you see, there is one key error in your reasoning Beast of War - when a flag is captured, the team that lost it does not lose 2 tickets, and really, the sum of the points of all the players is meaningless. And if someone captures 10 flags he's gonna have a lot more than 24 kills. So, it is not as clear cut anymore as you made it out to be, now is it? But i will have to agree with what several others have said: the best thing to do is combine both. You get all the good pilots keeping enemy air suppresed and help with destroying tanks, while all the good ground troops take care everthing else, and capture all the points to begin the enemy's ticket bleed. Even if the bleed only goes for a short while, the enemy lost tickets and your team has the advantage.