Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Did you guys start work on that before news of DICE's Secret Weapons expansion? Or did Secret Weapons spawn the addition of that one? No matter the answer, it looks great, folks. Flying wings :stallard:

http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/images/screenshots/HortenHO229.jpg [/COLOR]

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

When did they get that in?

do you mean the plane in the video?

if so, im quite sure that is the Go229...

Mange

FH Dev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

183 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

The Horten was finished back in December of last year. It was Section8's and he had never released it. He doesn't do modding for BF anymore and I had requested that we could use his finished and unfinished models for the mod and so there they are. There are a couple more that he did we will be including.

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Awesome, Mange. I thought it was cool that you took what I felt was one of the worthy ideas of Secret Weapons and had it in Forgotten Hope. If you'd come up with that even before DICE had announced it with Secret Weapons I was going to be more impressed and indeed I am now that I know you did in fact have it in the works long ago. Just another reason why Forgotten Hope is in line to become a pinnacle release amongst the BF mod community.[/COLOR]

General FUp

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

200 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

And as we all can see, the Go229 in Secret Weapons is just a crappy and half-assed model with too many things done wrong.. :rolleyes:

Taranov

FH Dev

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Originally posted by General FUp And as we all can see, the Go229 in Secret Weapons is just a crappy and half-assed model with too many things done wrong.. :rolleyes:

Late modification of Ho-229. It's not Ho-229 V2 or V3, maybe nightfigter (but where is a radar?!:uhoh: ). Ugly stuff.:smokin:

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]I believe DICE said it was the later 2-seater version. But I could be wrong. Regardless, I like theirs too... :eek: Historical accuracy be damned, it just looks cool. :p

Edit: Went and found the DICE info I was talking about. "When the U.S. took the Gotha factory, it is rumored that U.S. forces found a partially constructed two-seat version of the Ho 229. It is that two-seater version that we've chosen to recreate in Secret Weapons." [/COLOR]

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Lol, since when does DICE do historical research? :uhoh:

And our gotha pwnz them :p

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]One day someone should take the Secret Weapons 229 and the FH 229, put them in the same mod or whatever and have them duke it out for flying wing dominance. :p [/COLOR]

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Then we'll have major code in some shield, guided nukes, etc.... for our horten :lol: