Taranov

FH Dev

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago
Originally posted by Ivegottheskill So what, only one almost similar example to show. Russian jet engines from 1945-51 were all copies of German and British engines, a whole range of aircraft spawned from copies of the Me-262. [/url]

Sure, we copy JUMO-004 and BMW-003 engines (RD-10 and RD-15, i think). But german jet engines suck - only 10 hours of work.

VK-1 - licenzed copy of Rolls-Royce jet engine.:frog:

Soviet copy of Me-262 - totaly boolshit. Su-9 looks like Me-262, but it's a different plane.

USA, France and UK also use german technologies. Do you know, for example, who is a Verner fon Braun, father of US Airspace program?;)

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Actually it's Werner von Braun. One thing you have to keep in mind, though: The Ak 47 was HEAVIELY inspired by the SG44 :)

Taranov

FH Dev

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago
Originally posted by Major Hartmann Actually it's Werner von Braun. One thing you have to keep in mind, though: The Ak 47 was HEAVIELY inspired by the SG44 :)

Again...:o AK-47 and STg.44 - different weapons.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago
Originally posted by Taranov Again...:o AK-47 and STg.44 - different weapons.

But the Stg.44 was the AK-47s daddy :p

Taranov

FH Dev

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago
Originally posted by Coolguy But the Stg.44 was the AK-47s daddy :p

Nope. Daddy of AK-47 - SKS (Simonov's carabine), and early Kalashnikov's SMG's.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago
Originally posted by Taranov Nope. Daddy of AK-47 - SKS (Simonov's carabine), and early Kalashnikov's SMG's.

Exactly :p

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

I didn't say the Ak was the same weapon. I only say the Ak was heaviely inspired, not copied from the Sg44. Of course the Us and Russians used german technology after 1945, they would have been dumb not to.

[EW]Arkel

|SSS|Arkel

50 XP

18th March 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

Originally posted by Anlushac11 I think it was on Achtung Panzer webiste they had a story of a Tiger II commander who sat and watched IIRC over 80 tanks, mostly IS-2's, and watched them start refueling and rearming. He then pulled out of cover accompanied by 3 other King Tigers and they proceeded to gang rape the Soviet tanks. The count was like 15 personally and the 4 of then took out over 45 Soviet tanks before the Soviets retreated. IIRC the commander won an Iron Cross. Any tank is only as good as the crew manning it and as Usercool pointed out the German tankers were the best.

I remember reading that story, i'll look it up...

found it...

"In April of 1945, SS-Hauptscharführer Karl Körner (platoon commander from the 2nd Company) was supporting an infantry counterattack in the Bollersdorf area (east of Berlin), when he encountered two Soviet JS-II heavy tanks at a distance of 200m. He quickly destroyed the first one and second one trying to reverse in order to take a firing position drove into an anti-tank ditch and was abandomed by the crew. On the road from Bollersdorf to Strausberg, Körner observed additional 11 JS-II tanks and around 120 to 150 enemy tanks in the process of being refuelled and re-armed on the egde of the village. He then fired and destroyed all 11 JS-II tanks on the road and attacked the rest of the tanks and their suprised crews. Number of fuel and ammunition trucks exploded causing even more panic among the Russian tankers, while Körner fired all 39 rounds he had left and knocked out 39 enemy tanks before he withdrew. Following this action, sSSPzAbt 503 and other units were falling back to defend Berlin. On his way to Berlin, Karl Körner destroyed over 100 Soviet tanks and 26 anti-tank guns in total, achievement for which on April 29th, he was awarded the Knights Cross in the bunker of Reichs Chancellery. After the ceremony, Körner returned to his unit on the frontline at Charlottenburg district of Berlin. On May 2nd, last King Tiger from sSSPzAbt 503 was destroyed during an attempt to break out of the city on the Spandau Bridge."

SS-Hauptscharführer Karl Körner, schwere SS Panzer Abteilung (103) 503 / III SS Panzer Corps, East Germany, April of 1945.

brommann.jpg

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

Imagine if he and Wittman were to team up :eek:

[BlitzJ]Fenrir

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

A dreamteam indeed especially if you threw in other aces like Carius or Barkmann. The power of a tank is defined by the abilities of its crew in the end and their abilities to bring out that power.