[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago

I noticed on our Dedicated server that the BF dedicated server executable takes up more ram now when running FH than it used to. This would coincide with the extra objects and so on being loaded. The server itself takes a bit to load each level, about 10 to 15 seconds after the end command is given and the loading starts. Once the server is loaded the clients start to load. Our server runs dual Serial ATA HD's so it goes pretty fast but it still takes time with all the objects. On my personal computer at home I think I am going to move my BF1942 install from my EIDE 7200RPM drive to the new Raptor 10,000 RPM Serial ATA drive I got hehe. I'm hoping that will speed it up a ton. I mean I know i have tons of Ram at 2 gigs and a good cpu 3.06G P4 and a 9800 Pro card, the only thing slowing anything down would be the HD at this point. Also having installed a 2 gig uncompressed mod you might want to do a defrag on that HD to speed it up a bit there also.

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

You really really need a GIG of ram. Its very cheap these days anyway. I have 2 Gigs of the stuff and don't have these problems

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

Even so, I do think the mod could stand some optimization SOMEWHERE, though at this point I'm not sure where exactly. Maybe lower poly models?

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

thats because the number of objects on the maps and because of the map sizes

bfv will even be worse - armin loads every map in like 10 secs ... ok, he has a monster pc but anyways - its just a matter of hardware

trevor

FH Fan

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

how what do you recomend for me speeding up my speeds? a geforce4 or another 256 ram chip or both

ASSKICK

lazy owl

50 XP

23rd January 2004

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

ram all the way

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

i feel sorry for all the slow loaders especialy the guy who takes showers in between maps :p i am the same as simons my game always loads just as the music starts to restart or is just finished.On fragnet i go realy quick for some reason .Loads in about 15 seconds compared to wolf which takes about 30 - 40 secs to load and is ALWAYS laggy so i stay away from that server...

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

Id just like to say thankyou very much for keeping the elk hunt loading music.

Deadset the best loading music for a game ever.

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

you guys shouldnt be complaining about load times! at least you got the mod! unlike me i spent the whole day yesterday at a computer cafe downloading this mod and i failed because i crashed twice, once when i had a minute to finish part1 and the other when i redownloaded i was halfway done. talk about bad luck! :furious:

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago
trevorhow what do you recomend for me speeding up my speeds? a geforce4 or another 256 ram chip or both

if you got a pentium 4 get more ram. maximize your memory! i got 768 ddr. if you dont have a p4 then i suggest you buy a new machince.