Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Why oh why FH modteam are the tanks so small????? You said you would have correct tank sizes..... =( =( =( But they are so small that only midgets fit in there. Is it that hard to do correct model sizes in 3dstudio or whatever program you do your models in?? The size of the t34 on Orel is just hilarous!!!

Please correct this, to make this great mod the best of all time!!!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

EvilsantaWhy oh why FH modteam are the tanks so small????? You said you would have correct tank sizes..... =( =( =( But they are so small that only midgets fit in there. Is it that hard to do correct model sizes in 3dstudio or whatever program you do your models in?? The size of the t34 on Orel is just hilarous!!!

Please correct this, to make this great mod the best of all time!!!

They weren't all that large, you are propably confuded with modern tanks they are much larger......

Here's a pic of the T34 in the imperial war museum i took. I was surprised by it's real life small size too, i am only 1.82 and my head was well above the hull and half the turret, you can comapre size too by the normal height door next to it :)

getpicture.php?id=363809

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I agree. Correct sizes would be a great achievement.

Question: is it possible?

Maybe it is hard to do that with DIce's models, but you could start to establish correct sizes on your modeles: STug, PanzerII, etc.

For example: the StugIII seems to have the correct size, but the Panzer II is far too small. Panzer IV should be bigger than StugIII and i believe that the PZII was measured in relation to the PzIV. Don't do that, just correct your models size for now, so you won't have to correct ALL those models later...like that, you'll only need to correct DICE models (just a few).

Are you using the same measure units for all models?...please be carefull.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

who said we'll have correct sizes? i not for sure, and nobody else from the team

atleast, its planned - but its time catching thats why its not done yet

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

FH has clearly stated tanks would NOT be resized. It's way to much work. And when you resize tanks you have to resize al lot of other stuff to.

Beast of war, I stood next to a king tiger in the ardennes once. You'll be surprised how big that thing is :)

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

i stood next to a nebelwerf,sherman tank,tiger tank in normandie :)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

'LIGHTNING [NL']FH has clearly stated tanks would NOT be resized. It's way to much work. And when you resize tanks you have to resize al lot of other stuff to.

Beast of war, I stood next to a king tiger in the ardennes once. You'll be surprised how big that thing is :)

:D Didn't say they were all small.......for example this thing was next to the T34 and made it look like a midget tank toy

getpicture.php?id=363828

Fezarella

Lacoste

50 XP

17th December 2002

0 Uploads

6,610 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

well i think they have done a great job and tank size is not really that important... i think they might need to work on ohter stuff beore little surface probles are sorted. i found it laggy and a bit hard to play due to that so i guess they will be workin on other stuff

FH_Hades

FHMOD Researcher

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

It's being planed... and we have figured out a way to give the tanks their correct length...

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
FH_HadesIt's being planed... and we have figured out a way to give the tanks their correct length...

Thats great news! :dance: :rock: