trevor

FH Fan

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

ok well first off i'd like to congratulate whoever made it it's amazing. Ok i just came from a game where with 50 people 25 on each side there was a big beach invasion well it was AMAZING!! absolutely amazing but I have some problems with the level.... 1.When you leave the top of a bunker or fortification the little half tunnel leading up to it isn't filled in around it and it looks really weird. 2. well there is no 2 because it rocks too much!!!

ASSKICK

lazy owl

50 XP

23rd January 2004

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

did you noticed? you can blow the lower bunker door with the bazooka ;)

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Well I was also looking forward to Omaha Beach and had a nice game with 32 players. My expericance from that game was that: -I don´t understand why the Allies don´t have at least a Destroyer, better even a Battleship to start off from. Not only would this be kind of a better atmosphere, but it would also allow the Allies to have some artillery support. -I gernerally think 2 LCDs are just to few for a map like this. Imho there should be at least 4, better 6 at once you can lauch from... -I´m not a big fan on the flag positionings. I´d have prefered a flag further up the beach at the shingle to mark the first Allied waypoint, and then further flags behind the german Bunkers. -There seems to be rather little artillery on the map, or its just never touched. Often the map seemed very quiet, and not what I had hoped for (I had imagined it a bit more like Karnelia with 32 players...). -And last I can think of isn´t a specific Omaha Beach aspect, but the stationary MGs all seem rather powerfull. Instead of beeing emmidiate kills I say a hit with an MG 42 across the distance of the beach should take away about 70% of HP. The closer you get, the more dethal they could be. This also applys for the MG 34s...

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Howdy...

Omaha BEach is a brilliant map, but it really needs ambient sounds. Most times its just way too quiet.

JW

fibelsword

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I played Omaha about 3 times today, and our teams were pretty well-balanced. All three times the Allies won... So I guess my experience was different. We used bazookas to destroy the doors, and attacked from all 3 possible places.

I like the map a lot, though I agree it would benefit from more ambience in the way of sounds/more explosions to simulate chaos better.

Jacobski

Sk8 or Die

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Dee-JaýWell I was also looking forward to Omaha Beach and had a nice game with 32 players. My expericance from that game was that: -I don´t understand why the Allies don´t have at least a Destroyer, better even a Battleship to start off from. Not only would this be kind of a better atmosphere, but it would also allow the Allies to have some artillery support. -I gernerally think 2 LCDs are just to few for a map like this. Imho there should be at least 4, better 6 at once you can lauch from... -I´m not a big fan on the flag positionings. I´d have prefered a flag further up the beach at the shingle to mark the first Allied waypoint, and then further flags behind the german Bunkers. -There seems to be rather little artillery on the map, or its just never touched. Often the map seemed very quiet, and not what I had hoped for (I had imagined it a bit more like Karnelia with 32 players...). -And last I can think of isn´t a specific Omaha Beach aspect, but the stationary MGs all seem rather powerfull. Instead of beeing emmidiate kills I say a hit with an MG 42 across the distance of the beach should take away about 70% of HP. The closer you get, the more dethal they could be. This also applys for the MG 34s...

Can say that I think you are wrong. A battleship would suck and n00bs would drive LCD alone and its so much better now. Its great that they have spawn in LCD adn you have just two LCD so its packed with people and give an good invasion athmosphere The MGs must do this damage otherwise the allies would win to easy.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Omaha's a great map. Simply put the 2 rounds I played on Wolf's server were orgasmic.

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I Love MG42's :D

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

There are ways of dealing with the noob problem. And you can´t design a map based on the idea, that a retard shouldn´t be able to ruin it ! I think, if you had 2 Battleships, it couldn´t be abused so easily. Alternativly, you could make the ships unmovable and so prevent someone crashing it. I just think Naval support is a MUST for Allied forces on this map (besides it beeing historicly accurate) and it would really add...

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

a rocket launching ship would be cool, but Battleships would just make it very hard for axis to win.