[DDD]JakeSayin

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Look guys, I have been asking this question for a long time, and so far no one has given me a straight answer. I would like to know why the Poles are getting in before other armies that are just plain more important. I still have never been able to get that out of my mind. The Australians were in the war with their own submachine gun and a rifle different from the ones the Brits had (the one the brits had used in WWI, the S.M.L.E. No. 3 rifle). The French had many battles, even the Liberation of Italy after they were liberated by the Brits and Americans. The Italians had so many battles it is just scary. Could someone please explain to me why the Poles are getting priority over these other countries. I mean, for god sake, they were only the war about a month. They had like 2 battles in the entire war (the invasion of Poland, and the Warsaw uprising, which was important, but basically some tough ass jews who fought against tanks and flamethrowers and actually won a few times). Look, the Poles would be a great army, but I just don't get why the hell they are getting priority over 3 armies that are SSOOOOOOOO much more important. I mean, if anything, why don't you guys give the Finns more weapons. They at least already have a map. Why not the Chinese? They had a HUGE impact on the war fighting the Japs and were one of the main Allied Armies. I respect the fact that the Pole are important, but let just give you guys an outline here.

Priority: 1. Poles (had about 2-3 battles, only one of which did they have vehicles in) 2. French (fought mannnny, battles, having vehicles in almost all of them) 3. Italians (were a main Axis force, had their own weapons and vehicles, and fought many battles) Does this graph, which is based off your own statements, make any sence whatsoever. I mean, you may not even put in the Australians or Chinese, who were EXTREMELY important to the outcome of the war. I am sorry, but I just think that you should have had the Poles in the game near the last release. I mean, if the Poles are to be in, why not the Dutch, or Thailand (which was a minor part of the Axis by the way). What about Norway, Belgium, Greece, Yugoslavia, Iraq, Ireland, Denmark, Romania, Croatia, and Bulgaria. All these countries had influence on the war equal to (or in many cases above) that of Poland. And also, why does Poland get choice above these other countries. Denmark had as many battles as Poland and had an even bigger resistance. I've heard that Thailand and Japan almost invaded Alaska at one point. Yugoslavia had the biggest partisan group of the war and with the help the Russians, fought the Germans many times, especially after they had been conquered. Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria were part of the Axis and fought several battles with the Russians. Why did Poland get chosen over all these countries. Please, I mean no offence to anyone, and please don't flame me for this, but could someone tell me why Poland got priority over France, Italy, and all these other countries.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Cause Amacann is actually doing the Poles, purely out of the joy of seeing them in a great mod like FH? You did know that riiiiiiight?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

ugh.

the reason poles are getting priorety is mainly because a few of the devs are polish. It's thier mod, they get to make whatever the hell the want. im prety sure this is one of the very very few games where you actually get to play as a pole, so thats prety damn unique. Its also early war battles wich are prety interesting.

Poles are quite fun to play with. They have funky planes and tanks, as well as the first AT rifle in the game so far. They also have VERY nicely done voices (i think were recorded by omni, but im not sure)

Zollhund

Excuse my bad english

50 XP

24th December 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Hey, there was a polish Guy(s) who had already close finshed his own Minipolishmod. He Joined FH some weeks ago. That´s the reason why the polishstuff is in before for example the italian stuff. edit: oh Mcgibbs was faster than me....for seconds i think :p

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

WE HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU. BECAUSE SOME OF THE MOD MEMBERS ARE POLISH. Besides Canada will be added in teh 1.6 patch release.

Now hush and have a Coke and :)

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Uhh, Poland don't have priority over France, they are making them both.

Petey

Flow

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

193 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

if you want Australians, the Lost Battalion is ALL about them. You can get your aussie fix there.

i think poles would be fun, anyway...

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

well, poland's almost done now. The french still have quite a bit more work to go.

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

If you think that Poland fought 2-3 battles, then you know shit.

It's always easy to say "Our army fighted much much more, than your army"

Thats what they tell you on local history channels, school etc. In the end you know every battle of your country, and know squat about other ones.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Oh god not this AGAIN. Hopefully this wont turn into a huge 'my country pwns yours' argument, like the 11 page French monster. Was gonna start putting some reasons down, but on second thoughts dont want to get dragged into this :P Harry