Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

The Rufe kicks ass that thing basically makes the Yamato double as a mini-aircraft carrier on Midway i downed 4 SBDs and 1 Swordfish Patrol which is not bad for a medicore pilot using the Keyboard and mouse. Unfourtunatly my sister had to use the comp.

Petey

Flow

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

193 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

yeah it does. The things a zero on speed. I wish Midway was in rotation more often...

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Soon it will have a good oponent, the catfish (the floater version of the wildcat)

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
LoboSoon it will have a good oponent, the catfish (the floater version of the wildcat)

Sounds kool will it be on Midway?

It is a pain in the ass to reload the Rufe but other than that it is a fine plane.

How do the Wildcats fly in game?

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Hopefully it will actually be able to land on water in .6.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

The catfish will replace its actual american placeholders, the swordfish and that SBD oil thing :D The wildcat flies like a fat cat, slow but reliable.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Wildcat likes to eat up my poor little zeke with its .50s

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
General TaskeenHopefully it will actually be able to land on water in .6.

I can land it on water, I commonly use it to cap flags on Midway. Also, once the top guns run out (around when your ammo says ~400 rnds left) the guns aren't nearly as good. It's an incredibly good plane, a little too good if you ask me. Something with huge pontoons on the bottom should not be downing Allied fighters.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I can land it on water, I commonly use it to cap flags on Midway. Also, once the top guns run out (around when your ammo says ~400 rnds left) the guns aren't nearly as good. It's an incredibly good plane, a little too good if you ask me. Something with huge pontoons on the bottom should not be downing Allied fighters.

The Rufe was actually not much more weight than the Zero. The landing gear assembly and the tail hook gear were removed which helped to offset the weight of the floats. The floats were also very aerodynamic and caused little drag and the tail surfaces were enlarged to incrase stability. To compensate for the lack of a drop tank a gas tank was mounted in the center float. The Rufe was considered very manuverable and was able to suprise Allied pilots who underestimated it.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Artie BuccoThe Rufe kicks ass that thing basically makes the Yamato double as a mini-aircraft carrier on Midway i downed 4 SBDs and 1 Swordfish Patrol which is not bad for a medicore pilot using the Keyboard and mouse. Unfourtunatly my sister had to use the comp.

umm i thought u were more of a tanker artie, do you play on [WOLF] server? If so i'll play you and show you how good the SBD is as a fighter :naughty: