MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I'm not sure if its a bug or if for some strange reason it should take 2 shots at point blank range with a tiger to destroy a Sherman.

On BOTB Judge Reinhold was on the other side of the bridge by St Vith in a Sherman and a rammed my way across the Bridge and fired a shot as soon as i was over the bridge straight into his frontal armour and only took him down to grey smoke. I then had to wait for ages for the gun to reload before I could fire another round into his side to finish his off.

In RL an 88mm round from a Tiger into a sherman @10m would total destroy a Sherman.

I can take T-34's (Better armour than shermans) out with 1 shot but not Shermans.

So i dunno if its a bug but the Tiger gun is not strong enough against Shermans.

the Darkness Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Here's what we need Maniac.

tiger2.f.jpg

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

i think the one i was in was the beefed up version used later in the war, could be wrong though. wasnt the standard crappy one thats for sure

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

MG42ManiacI'm not sure if its a bug or if for some strange reason it should take 2 shots at point blank range with a tiger to destroy a Sherman.

On BOTB Judge Reinhold was on the other side of the bridge by St Vith in a Sherman and a rammed my way across the Bridge and fired a shot as soon as i was over the bridge straight into his frontal armour and only took him down to grey smoke. I then had to wait for ages for the gun to reload before I could fire another round into his side to finish his off.

In RL an 88mm round from a Tiger into a sherman @10m would total destroy a Sherman.

I can take T-34's (Better armour than shermans) out with 1 shot but not Shermans.

So i dunno if its a bug but the Tiger gun is not strong enough against Shermans.

And a Sherman and T-34 could kill a Tiger in one hit to the rear at close range but we sure as hell don't see that in FH(more like 15 shots at point blank to get it smokin!).

That is my ONLY complaint of FH, I hate it when I am in a Sherman I have no chance(against Tiger). If I sneak behind a Tiger I have no chance. If I spot the Tiger before he spots me no chance. If I have ten other shermans and a Tiger in the distance I have no chance :P

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

SniperWolfenHere's what we need Maniac.

tiger2.f.jpg

I like... :) :) :)

bacon flaps

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Yeah, much better looking than the stupid Porsche turret too, what with the shot trap and all.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
MG42ManiacI'm not sure if its a bug or if for some strange reason it should take 2 shots at point blank range with a tiger to destroy a Sherman. On BOTB Judge Reinhold was on the other side of the bridge by St Vith in a Sherman and a rammed my way across the Bridge and fired a shot as soon as i was over the bridge straight into his frontal armour and only took him down to grey smoke. I then had to wait for ages for the gun to reload before I could fire another round into his side to finish his off. In RL an 88mm round from a Tiger into a sherman @10m would total destroy a Sherman. I can take T-34's (Better armour than shermans) out with 1 shot but not Shermans. So i dunno if its a bug but the Tiger gun is not strong enough against Shermans.

Usually you only need one shot to kill a Sherman. I tryed out, wich tank is how effective against a Tiger at about 30meters (not shooting the turret!) T34 Tiger front: 17 shots Tiger side: 4 shots Tiger rear: 15 shots T34/85 Tiger front: 20 shots (needs more hits than T34??????????????) Tiger side: 2-3 shots (depends on........ only god knows) Tiger rear: 4 shots Sherman VC "Firefly" Tiger front: 6 shots Tiger side: 2 shots Tiger back: 3shots Don't know how the FH armour-penetrating system works but at 30 meters distance a T34/85 and a Firefly should blow a tiger with a sigle shot in the back or sides. Furthermore, sometimes it takes up to 4 hits with a T34/85 to destroy a PzIV H, if you hit badly. Why? In real life a tiger could be destroyed by 6pdr AT-guns from the sides up to 500meters distance.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

That's because you're thinking in BF terms of Front, Side, Back, Top. We have more ID"s than that for the armor thickness. The entire side isn't the same amount of armor. Behind the wheels is less of course, Turrets are different than hulls. Keep this in mind when "testing" hits.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
B.F. PierceThat's because you're thinking in BF terms of Front, Side, Back, Top. We have more ID"s than that for the armor thickness. The entire side isn't the same amount of armor. Behind the wheels is less of course, Turrets are different than hulls. Keep this in mind when "testing" hits.

Yes, maybe. But i allways aimed the same spots by same distance with every tank. Simply the middle of each dierction.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Try other spots, there may be weaknesses ;)