okotta87

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Is it just me or are the koenig's (king) tigers in here just a bit glorified? I can prove this by a few accounts.

1. I was playing Berlin Outskirts as a russian. There was a tiger fighting off all russian tanks off from the bottom of the hill. I spot a wespe by the tiger so I hop in, turn the self-propelled artillery and shoot the thing from a distance of about 2 meters. The round hit the tanks side in the tracks and didn't do anything but have the man in the tiger turn to me and blast the weak armored vehicle I was in with it's 88. 2. I had 2 IS-2's and a few light tanks firing on a tiger on Berlin Outskirts, and the tiger conquered all of the tanks. Doesn't this seem a bit glorified? In the next patch you might wanna kick down the armor of the thing. Because I can tell you from reading books from WWII vets as well as historians that the tiger was in fact able to be knocked out by a sherman at the right angle.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

No. I don't think so. You can easily take a King Tiger out with just two rounds from Firely. I believe this goes with 122mm IS-2 too (meaning the damage against King Tiger).

tusse

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

14th March 2004

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

In the Berlin Outskirts map the russians usually attack the kingtiger head on. There isn't a single documented case of the front armour of the kingtiger being pierced. So the scenario of a parked kingtiger making high scores upon (uncoordinated, because people always spawn, grab a tank and rush forward blindly) russian tanks seems fair to me. Guess the sidearmour could be downgraded. As a 122 mm IS2 granate ought to pierce the 80 mm sidearmour. And even more so for the ass. A weakness that could be attached to these mobile bunkers could be unreliability (as they had a tendency to brake down and get stuck). Dont know if that could be done in the mod, though!?

Saruman

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

You can kill the kt with two shoots from the firefly. The only thing you must looking for is that you hit the kt in the side armour as the case may be the tracks..... and kt is history :nodding:

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

1) The Tiger II ausf B's sloped front hull armor plate was never reported penetrated and no pics exits of the front hull plate ever being penetrated.

Ample evidence in the form of photographs exist showing penetrations to the turret face, turret sides and rear, hull sides and rear, and even though the Tiger II ausf B was designed to carry ready rounds in the turret bustle, wartime experience revealed that a few Tiger II's were lost to penetrations into the stored ammo there so it became common for the rounds to be removed or stacked on the turret floor.

2) The Wespe is a lightly armored mobile 105mm artillery piece. It fires a high explosive round and not a high velocity or high explosive anti tank round. It would have to be a very lucky shot to take out a Tiger through the armor. If the Wespe could hit the wheels or tracks then yes it could knock it out but the BF engine doesnt support that.

3)IS-2 fired a 2 part 56lb APCBC round that when hitting a Tiger or Panther often penetrated and if it did not penetrate it still caused severe damage in the form of jammed turret, knocking the turret off track or breaking the transmission if itwas in gear. It became common for German tankers to take the vehicle out of gear if not moving to minimize the shock effects of a high velocity AP hit.

2 shots from most good AT guns like the IS-2, T-34/85, Sherman Firefly, etc. will severely damage a Tiger II if it hits in the side or rear. Second shot will usually kill it.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I was playing on outskirts lately, and there were only 6 of us on that server.......we kicked the tiger's a**. 1 swift attack from the sides.....king tiger lay in eternal hunting grounds....

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

if you use the 88s against him you cna kill ihm in 1 shoot i did this on bulge ... but shouldnt a IS 2 take a kt easy ??

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

IS-2 should aim for the turret or the sides and rear.

Germans should aim for the turret and sides and rear.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
BAMmeuif you use the 88s against him you cna kill ihm in 1 shoot i did this on bulge ... but shouldnt a IS 2 take a kt easy ??

I think as easy as vice versa. Depends on who is faster.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

A King Tiger was stolen in Battle of the Bulge by the enemy, wich enjoyed it only for seconds........i saw it driving a regular Tiger I and shot the King Tiger in the side, resulting in a direct fireball.

When i was in the King Tiger myself in Berlin outskirts i did waste a lot of enemy tanks, but one salvo from a Katusha totally wrecked it.

It is not too strong. I guess it is a matter attacking it with apropriate powerfull weapons, on the weakest spots, wich are generally in tanks the engine deck and overall top armour, and the sides.

It can take a lot of damage on the frontal armour, and skilled tankers will always try to face you with that....