Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago
hatchetmanIf you think real hard, in real life a tank could go right through one, so I'd rather the team leave the gates as they are. They could go through them right?...

I guess tanks, trucks and apc's could........but it makes the whole setup there a useless decoration, and it doesn't add to gameplay. Why open them if you can roll over ? It would be far more interesting if a driver had to exit his vehicle to open it. It would make the place more dangerous and better to defend.

But a solid barrier would surely mess up a jeep or a kubel, it isn't a hollywood movie.

Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

Well they could add those tank pylons (sp?) so the tanks have to weave through. Would be logical because a tank would just roll over that flimsy bar and the house, damn even the wall.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago
Mista-OverKillWell they could add those tank pylons (sp?) so the tanks have to weave through. Would be logical because a tank would just roll over that flimsy bar and the house, damn even the wall.

Because tanks could roll right through the walls there, but they can't in game all discussions about realism are pointless when it comes to the movable barrier.......just make it stop vehicles, we need chokepoints to make the game interesting.

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

Yeah, realism hits a wall (no pun intended, no really i mean it) when it comes to barriers. I've always wondered how a little white picket fence can stop a tank.

But it would be awesome if certain objects could be made destructable by a grenade, expack, bazooka, tank, or anything loud. Maybe this is possible to a limited extent with the SDK.

DauntlesDouglas

reviving old forum accounts

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

You may know this but gasoline cans (red, rectangular ones, not the barrels) can be blown up with bullets. (goes off to play some Karelia...)

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago
Mista-OverKillWell they could add those tank pylons (sp?) so the tanks have to weave through. Would be logical because a tank would just roll over that flimsy bar and the house, damn even the wall.

wow... great idea... roll over a tank barrier and tear your treads off......

congradulations! youve just created a 90 ton roadblock, stopping your forces from crossing the bridge....

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago

the tank barriers didnt tear threads off, they fipped the tanks over.