PFC. Bryan

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have some constructive criticism for the FH devs. Why are the Germans using an American tripod in .6 and why where the German tripods taken out of .5? Here's a pic of a German tripod if you don't know what I'm talking about. :)

mg34lafette.jpg (Note that the legs aren't extended on the tripod below.) mg42pix3.jpg

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Awesome pics!

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I belive they changed them to be lower to the ground, as opposed to fired from a crouching position. HMGs like that are what should be behind sandbags (not mgs on little sticks) but I dont think they were set up in the field by themselves, like in FH. They were more of an entrenched weapon.

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Depends gibs tbh m8,i watch a prog about the red army lastnight and it showed 3 german dewds with an mg like the 1 above set up in a front street,it was just sitting bang in the middle of the street,no cover or nuttin.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

for crying out loud maybe in 0.7

PFC. Bryan

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
McGibsI belive they changed them to be lower to the ground, as opposed to fired from a crouching position. HMGs like that are what should be behind sandbags (not mgs on little sticks) but I dont think they were set up in the field by themselves, like in FH. They were more of an entrenched weapon.

But I thought the FH team cared about historical accuracy?

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
PFC. BryanBut I thought the FH team cared about historical accuracy?

They do and the mount is only temporary.

Rather than demand the old mount back lets first look at the weapon and how it was employed with and without the mount. My idea being that we have three positions from where we can deploy the weapon standing, kneeling and prone. There are three rolls with which to use the weapon AA, defense (behind a sandbag redoubt) and support.

Deploy the mg from standing results in the "gun on a pole" AA role. Kneeling would be defense like the pic above so the mg is above the sandbags. Prone for both Mg34 and 42 is obviously bipod.

The US .30 cal M1919A6 (BoB Xroads ep.) could be used on the tripod as well as its bipod so the allied weapons are covered. Bren gun mount no different and neither is the DP.

We should give devs time and encouragement to develop the ideas.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
PFC. BryanBut I thought the FH team cared about historical accuracy?

they do but this is just [SIZE=10]BETA[/SIZE]0.6

PFC. Bryan

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I'd still like to hear what the FH devs have to say about the tripods.