Richard Simmons

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi everybody, This is my first post.I'm really lovin this mod even in its current state.I played XWWII for a while but got discouraged by the click and kill style of gameplay.FH seems to be on the right track with a mix of realism and still being fun to play ie:Counter-Strke.The only thing that really seems to frustrate me is the turret and AA gun responsiveness.I have to literally slam my mouse about the mousepad to get either one to move and inch.I'm sure that you all have noticed this ? I messed with the sensitivity both in Windows and in the game to get better responsiveness out of both.I'm at a loss.Hopefully one of you may be able to help me out.Thanks for making such a great mod.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Welcome to the boards :)

This is no bug, it is to simulate how tough it was to move these guns, please remember they were operated via rack and pinion and crank systems. And I can tel you personally, traversing a 40mm Bofors a full 360 degrees is bloody hard work especially trying to change rotation from say clockwise to counterclockwise.

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

yeah, hes right !

but i hate that aa turrets move a little bit more, than u wish. i mean, if u stop moving the mouse, because u reached ur aim, the turrets go on turning and u must turn them to the other side to finally aim. thats very annoying in ground to air fights ... the tunring speed is realistic and it doesnt decrease the fun factor ;)

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Yeah they are hard (and even worse only 4 shots then a pause). I only got one kill with the AA and the guy was coming at me :lol: Not like I use the AA a lot anyway.

What about the rapid fire AA? I forgot the name. It's got the quad turrets. Bahh I'm forgetting everything lately!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Is there a way to turn cannons of tanks/battleships/flak without using a mouse ?

Like cursorkeys or something ? With the mouse there is an end to the surface in wich it can travel and then the cannon stops rotating wich has me killed more often now because of the slow turning speed. I have nothing against the slow turning speed, but i want to be able to roatate without pauses or stops. Anyone knows how ?

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

well first off if you aren't playing this type of game with full mouse sensitivty then you should (its always a good idea to start to learn how to play a FPS with full mouse sensitvity since in theory you can react and turn faster then people with lower sensitivity) .

2nd concerning the slow speed of the AA, i find it rather easy to shoot planes down. You see you hold down the fire button instead of tapping, so it will shoot whenever a shell is ready (this works for tanks too). The problem is alot of people still don't aim ahead properly in bf42 and hence always miss the target, it takes about 2 shots from the AA to take out a fighter plane and barerly 4 to take out the bigger ones on crete. You just gotta find the flight path and place the gun in its path and let loose, you should score a kill or at least hurt the plane enough for the pilot to get a clue and leave.

scion

I post to get attention

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
Lord Novawell first off if you aren't playing this type of game with full mouse sensitivty then you should (its always a good idea to start to learn how to play a FPS with full mouse sensitvity since in theory you can react and turn faster then people with lower sensitivity) .

I use a very low sensitivity. People with low sensitivity get more control over their shots, and are still able to react as fast. When using low sensitivity, You use your wrist to aim carefully, and use your elbow to turn in a hurry. Whereas, if you use High sensitivity, you use your wrist for everything.

Mange

FH Dev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

183 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Tank turrets will still remain slow like they were realistically. AA will be sped up a little in either the hotfix or next patch.

Richard Simmons

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Ok thanks folks, I should have read the section of the website that said "realism" was the goal of this mod.I thought it was just to introduce new armies,game play styles and weapons.I feel a bit stupid for even asking the question on turret speed now.Thanks again for the quick reponse.