Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I always wondered if you cannot use keys instead of the mouse to rotate a slow moving turret.

Especially in Tiger, battleship or new FH coastal/def guns it would be far more enjoyable and effective if you could have a continuous turning rate, instead having to move the mouse large distances several times.

As far as i know you cannot bind keys to turret rotation in the settings menu.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Only keys available would be the hatch up/down....

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Yeah BoW, I totally agree with you. My arm gets tired in the tanks because of the large sweeping motions I have to make to get the turret all the way around.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

yea i tryed to change this but i couldnt find out how would be great if you could code it Hartman ...

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well tanks would look a lot more realistic with a button controlled and thus a single speed turning turret. It would effect gameplay rather drastic tough, tankers will have too learn driving around with a much more difficult aiming main gun.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

no you should be able to turn it with mouse to ...

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Ow my mistake. :)

I always thought of tanks as too reactive in Battlefield, because you drive them alone and control them with the mouse. I brainstormed about a few ideas before, but maybe changing the key config and locking out the mouse would be the next best thing to a multiple player crew, wich has far to many disadvantages.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I don't think it'd be that tough to get used to. Everyone would be affected by it uniformly. It's not like the German tanks would get the constant turn button and the American tanks could still turn like First Person Shooter tanks. As long as it was uniform, and relatively balanced historically, I think it'd be a cool addition to the mod.

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

They were talking about an and/and situation for turret rotation, more in relation to RSI than realism :)

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

To come back to this topic, I suddenly found myself in a T34 in Call of Duty ( Yeah, I know I'm slow- I can do months with a single player game, for I am an online addict )

The way it's turret rotated looked kind of funky, tough you have a lot of visibility a real tank crew doesn't. But anyway, you have a form of mouselook and your turret will follow your pointer in it's own rotation speed.