[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Just wanted to let you have a break from heavy discussions and have something interesing to read ;)

OK, we all know that FH leads to more teamwork, since now you actually need to work in a team to achieve results, especially if you are fighting against The Tiger (the word is sending chills down my spine now ).

Last night, Nappy, Mullet and myself were playing on some server running Valirisk. It was only 6v6, so you had to put a lot of thought into your plans, especially since we all were on allied side and the lone Tiger could take out the whole team in just one pass of its machine gun.

The incident i want to describe, involved Nappy and myself and a Tiger. I was an engineer at the south base and Nappy was in a tank on top of the hill to the north-east. After battlling infantry and other tanks with Nappy's support from the top, i was left with only 3 expacks. As i turned the corner to get to the ammo box i saw an incoming Tiger from the axis main base.

"Enemy armor spotted! I have a Tiger incoming!" - I shouted over to Nappy. "Roger that. I see him coming" - was Nappy's reply followed by an uneasy silence as we both realized that once the Tiger sees Nappy on the hill, Nappy will be a goner, and my 3 expacks were not enough to take out a Tiger.

Carefully moving between the ruins, panting heavily with my back against the remaining walls, i abandoned the flag's immidiate vicinity in hopes of saving my life. As i took my last peek at the German monster that was slowly but confidently moving into the flag's vicinity, i was struck by the fatal mistake that the Tiger's commander allowed to happen -- he had neither a gunner nor infantry support.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire, Nappy!" - i annouced over the radio with adrenaline beginning to pump in my vains, - "He isn't looking at you yet, don't give out your position!" "Affirmative. I see what you are doing" - was Nappy's response with a tone of concern in his voice, as he saw me ran out from cover trying to flank the armored monster.

The adrenaline pumping into my head made my legs feel like rubber, as i was approaching the Tiger, taking quick peeks over the shoulder to avoid enemy infatry. I reached the monster's back just as it stopped next to the flag. With shaking hands, i started carefully placing my remaining expacks under the belly of the beast. As i briefly looked up along the Tiger's body, i saw Nappy on the hill. It was at this time that i realized how vulnerable Nappy's position was -- one shot from the monster and he would be gone; but fortunatelly for us, the inexperienced commander was scanning the flags over the bridge rather than looking up. Disctracted by this thought, i accidently dropped the last expack, hitting the metal body of the Tiger, and producing a distinct sound that all tank commanders lookout for... Franticly trying to grab the detonator the right way i headed for the closest cover i could find -- a crater to the south of flag, closer to the enemy reinforcements route. Praying for my life, i jumped into the crater and set off the detonator. I heard the expacks exploading, however just as expected the Tiger was still standing, but with heavy clouds of black smoke coming from it's engine.

"NOW! Fire! Fire! Fire!" - i exclaimed as i peeked out of the crater and saw the Tiger slowly turning towards my crater.

Whoooosh .. thud .. B O O M ! ! !

"Yeah! Yeah! Nice shot!" - i could not hold my excitement as i saw the battered monster decimated by Nappy's precise shot on it's weakened side, and followed with my eyes, slightly blinded by the explosion, the path of the commander's dead body flying with the rest of the debris.

"Great job!" - I heard Nappy's comments, who was reliefed from the task of holding the sweaty finger on the trigger and calculating with mathematical precission the slightest movement of what seconds ago was the greatest threat on the battlefield.

Although, from the moment i set off the expacks to the fatal shot by Nappy only 2-3 seconds have passed, the odeal seemed like an eternity to me. But now it was finally over, and we both lived!

Perfect timing, perfect teamwork, greatest experience i had on the battlefield! All thanks to FH

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Gogo teamwork =D

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I had a good game of team work on the [WOLF] server I always had an arty scout for my Katy. :dance:

It was great till some twat admin called [WOLF] Gertman kicked and banned me for having a blank name. :mac10:

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

LOL! Ilove how you made such a somewhat common battlefield entry to intricate and tactical! YA!

[WOLF] Limey

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

MG42ManiacI had a good game of team work on the [WOLF] server I always had an arty scout for my Katy. :dance:

It was great till some twat admin called [WOLF] Gertman kicked and banned me for having a blank name. :mac10:

Blank names and offensive/rascist names not allowed. Usually gets a warning but with chat-lag you probably missed it.

If you were banned and not just kicked it'll only be a oneday ban.

Gertman is a good admin.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

hehe, nice story! :)

MG42Maniac

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

'[WOLF Limey']Blank names and offensive/rascist names not allowed. Usually gets a warning but with chat-lag you probably missed it.

If you were banned and not just kicked it'll only be a oneday ban.

Gertman is a good admin.

Whats wrong with a blank name? No other admins have had a prob with it b4.

PabstBlueRobot

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
MG42ManiacWhats wrong with a blank name? No other admins have had a prob with it b4.

Ah maniac. The good man that blows people up who jump into a vehicle first just so he can get the planes/tanks.

Muppet.

MG42Maniac

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

LMAO, err which server?

btw i'm NOT the only one to use a blank name.

Pillar

Jesus Freak

50 XP

29th May 2003

0 Uploads

120 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

And then it respawned in a few minutes.