Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well, not in case of Gazala then.

2 ME-262 still stand on the Axis airbase but not usable (bug?).

The B-25 is better maneuverable than the JU-87 and BF-110, although they are smaller and not that clumsy normally.

The British also have more planes for bombing and spitfires for keeping airsuperiority.

The Panzer 4 D are easy prey for piats and crusaders. In fact the crusaders have a stronger gun and a faster and sturdier. And no other tanks for Axis available.

Further the Panzer are pretty slow anyway so you can´t reach spawnpoints fast enough with them.

It is always funny, if the Allies are in disadvantage on maps then the complaining begins.

But if the Axis have, then nobody says something.

Amusing!

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I dub Crete a perfectly balanced map now. in .5b it used to be very tough for the British to maintain control of the island but adding more vehicles helped smooth it out. If you have two teams of equal skill fighting on Crete it will be a good match. Of course British always win if Iam in a Matilda I. :D

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

This post made me very confused...

There's no me262's on Gazala, nor is there a bf110...

The Germans have stug3b's, wespes, and panzerii's as their other tanks aside from the panzerIVD's.

The British have the /same/ number of bombers, one definat vs. one stuka, one B-25 vs one He-111. They just have one extra fighter because the German tanks can wreck the Britsh ones if used right, adding the air superiority to the Germans would be a bad idea.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

B.F. PierceThis post made me very confused...

There's no me262's on Gazala, nor is there a bf110...

The Germans have stug3b's, wespes, and panzerii's as their other tanks aside from the panzerIVD's.

The British have the /same/ number of bombers, one definat vs. one stuka, one B-25 vs one He-111. They just have one extra fighter because the German tanks can wreck the Britsh ones if used right, adding the air superiority to the Germans would be a bad idea.

Well, it seemed to me that the British had air and Ground superiority.

And the Crusader III outclasses the Panzer IV D in speed, armoury and gun.

And I saw no Stug 3b on that map, but that clumsy thing does not do much anyway.

There was no Panzer II also.

Further the Daimler has a very strong cannon somehow.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

the_moveWell, it seemed to me that the British had air and Ground superiority.

And the Crusader III outclasses the Panzer IV D in speed, armoury and gun.

And I saw no Stug 3b on that map, but that clumsy thing does not do much anyway.

There was no Panzer II also.

Further the Daimler has a very strong cannon somehow.

Hopefully the PZ III J and J special will be included in the next versions to give the Crusader III a run for its money also add Daimlers to Gazala or maybe even have them replace the stuarts.

eskimo

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

whenever i hear someone calling a map unbalanced, in 90% of all cases they seem to have just gotten a major whooping and of course the reason for that must be an unbalanced map. i havent tried crete yet after the patch but before it wasnt too complicated to win it as an allied. all you had to do was play as a team.

-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwN

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

[QUOTE= It is always funny, if the Allies are in disadvantage on maps then the complaining begins.

But if the Axis have, then nobody says something.

Amusing![/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Well, I think there is a soultion to even it out at least a bit.