General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#51 16 years ago

Well, I'll definitely be downloading the uncensored for complete historical accuracy. After all, that is why I enjoy this mod so much, due to the amount of history added into it, whether it be specific battles, weapons, or correct symbols used by nations.

When I hop into some vehicle that might have a "Nazi" symbol on it, it definitely will not mean that i support it. After all, not all german soldiers supported nazism.

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#52 16 years ago
General Taskeen After all, not all german soldiers supported nazism.

I think German soldiers would have supported their government no matter what the name of the governement itself. I doubt the majority of German soldiers would have known about the atrocities its own country was performing to others. But another example is the Japanese during WWII and the more obscure Rape of Nanking where the Japanese did equally horrible things (although in smaller numbers). The majority of Japanese citizens and soldiers didn't even know about many of acts of inhumanity that their country was performing. To get back on topic, since as we can see there are some people here who support Nazi symbols and there are some who would rather not see them, I think the FH devs made a very good choice in releasing two versions. As to the issue itself, I believe that history should not be ignored or censored like it is in Germany. Like someone said earlier, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. If you forbid learning about atrocities, then you only make someone want to learn more about it. If the issue were addressed head-on without any pussy footing around it, people might be more enlightened. But instead, when you censor it, you have idiots teaching their dogs to give Nazi salutes.

KERA_AK

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#53 16 years ago

Good Augus and Best now we have peace :cheers: :nodding:

Just wanted to say i enojoyed to read your posts :clap:

Cheers

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#54 16 years ago
nosispower As to the issue itself, I believe that history should not be ignored or censored like it is in Germany. Like someone said earlier, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. If you forbid learning about atrocities, then you only make someone want to learn more about it. If the issue were addressed head-on without any pussy footing around it, people might be more enlightened. But instead, when you censor it, you have idiots teaching their dogs to give Nazi salutes.

You've taken it to an extreme there. Allot of the German people I know that are my age (mid-late 20's) during there schooling visited concentration camps. Now thats not ignoring it.

Its censored but not ignored. Its quite hard for many people in the EU to forget what happened but I can imagine its something that is very painful to allot of Germans.

People are taught about it but also we need to prevent idiots from using Nazi symbolism today.

Augustus

Level Design Owns Me.

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

150 Posts

0 Threads

#55 16 years ago
nosispower you have idiots teaching their dogs to give Nazi salutes.

Am I the only person who laughed his arse off when hearing about that?

The Germans do not ignore the history, there are a lot (and I mean a lot) of ww2 documentaries shown _VERY_ regularly on one of the Government owned TV stations here in Australia, and 90% of them are translated versions of German sourced documentaries, and are very, very good, informative and do not shy away from the gruesome topics or facts at all. They make quite a well balanced documentary, actually.

I saw one about the Battle of Britain (yes, a German documentary on the BoB!) and it was really good.

Germans don't need to see swastikas to be told about their history. (Even if they did plaster it on everything that wasn't nailed down.)

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#56 16 years ago
nosispowerI think German soldiers would have supported their government no matter what the name of the governement itself. I doubt the majority of German soldiers would have known about the atrocities its own country was performing to others. But another example is the Japanese during WWII and the more obscure Rape of Nanking where the Japanese did equally horrible things (although in smaller numbers). The majority of Japanese citizens and soldiers didn't even know about many of acts of inhumanity that their country was performing. To get back on topic, since as we can see there are some people here who support Nazi symbols and there are some who would rather not see them, I think the FH devs made a very good choice in releasing two versions. As to the issue itself, I believe that history should not be ignored or censored like it is in Germany. Like someone said earlier, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. If you forbid learning about atrocities, then you only make someone want to learn more about it. If the issue were addressed head-on without any pussy footing around it, people might be more enlightened. But instead, when you censor it, you have idiots teaching their dogs to give Nazi salutes.

most german soldiers didn't support there goverment they just fought for there country like other countries.