zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

What's the deal with that?? Do they really think that when you can choose people will get the censored version??? Kinda weird if you ask me.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

They have at least the possibility to publish the censored version via magazin cover cds/dvd in germany, and these mags are allowed to wirte about the mod, which they weren´t allowed otherwise...

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

it's the law in some countrys and if the Fh team dind't do it they could get suid.... Im gonna download the uncensored.... gives a better feeling

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
zero_zeroWhat's the deal with that?? Do they really think that when you can choose people will get the censored version??? Kinda weird if you ask me.

If you wouldn't be so ignorant and actually read some of the posts you would know it's prohibited by law , in Germany , to use symbols as used by the Nazies in WW II.

Now think what would happen to German sites hosting these sort of files ? ? ?

Hence the censored and uncensored version.

For my German forum colleagues : feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

It will be this way: the main version will be the censored, and for those who want to there will be a patch for uncensored.

[BFE]ZoDiaK

I eat nubs for breakfast

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Nice!

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Very off topic but I just have to say this: Vitesse zuigt!

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

55 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

As stated... references to Nazism are quite illegal in Germany (anyone hear about the guy arrested and fined for teaching his German Shepard, Adolf, to give the Nazi salute on command?). Consider: when touring in Germany, KISS uses an alternate logo, because the S's in the one they use everywhere else looks too much like the Nazi SS lettering.

Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

main file will be censored? and you need a patch for uncensored? This is what the mainsite says:

"First the main file, there will be two options for this file.

Forgotten Hope 0.6 Censored: This version features censored textures to make our mod compliant with German law. Thus it removes swastikas and other Nazi linked images from all textures used in the mod. It will be fully compatible with the uncensored version.

Forgotten Hope 0.6 Uncensored: This version contains all of those textures that are removed due to German Law"

Are there 2 mainfiles or 1 mainfile that needs to be patched if you want uncensored?

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

KISS13sm.jpg ;P