Lt. Hanley

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

This is a little patch to reintroduce accurate markings while we wait for the official patch, if there is going to be one.

To use the patch, first BACK UP THE ORIGINAL TEXTURE_001.RFA IN YOUR FH/ARCHIVES FOLDER, then place the menu_001.rfa and texture_001.rfa found in the rar file into the FH archives folder. The filepath should look something like this: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\fh\archives

Start up the game and enjoy. It should work fine, I've ran it on several servers and haven't had any problems. If you decide you don't want them anymore, just delete the files and place the original texture_001.rfa you backed up into the FH archives folder.

If you see something that needs to be fixed or missing, let me know and I'll fix it.

You can download it here . It's about 23 megs.

It's a rar file so you'll need winrar. Also, if somebody could mirror it that'd be great as I have it on my school server right now, and they get bitchy about bandwidth.

Enjoy!

Some screenies:

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Looks good, I may give it a go! :thumbsup: nice work.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I really like that sig/avatar Uncle Sam, looks really cool. I'll try out the texture patch right now. Any particular reason the Swasticas on the 109 are blue?

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Has anyone else noticed on the original released version of 0.6 that some swastikas slipped through? I remember seeing them on flags in the middle of certain towns. (not in the minimap, in the actual game world).

Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

In answer to your question Ohioan, I'd guess that perhaps he's using the 109s that were given to Finland by Germany and used against Russia while they were Germany's ally after 1941. Very interesting article about Finland's air war against the USSR was just in one of the recent issues of World War II magazine.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

err there is only 1 finland vs russia map, and it has no planes. valasivcrk is germany vs russia

Lt. Hanley

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Thanks Uncle Sam!

Yeah the swastikas are blue on that one because it's a Finnish Me-109.

Strider - I realize that it's not in any maps. The devs censored the Finnish Me-109 texture, and I was just showing that I put the Finnish swastikas back on it. It's not that way on Kharkov Winter or any other maps in the patch I posted for download, I just took a screenshot to show what I had done. Sorry for any confusion.

Murock

Ski and Surf All Day!!

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

ALRIGHT YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

If you can change the textures as you wish and even modify them for use on any server..then...what's the point of PunkBuster?

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
MurockALRIGHT YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

off topic:murock im warning you now before any moderator does, i think your sig is to big , just a fyi , me thinks its too big ?

ontopic : i will d/l it l8ter looks good though