pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

in Iwo Jima, is there any way of piloting the ohka that's attached to the "Betty" bomber? In 0.5, it was pilotable, but I never got a chance to release it because the ohka attached to the betty hit a tree, blowing the entire plane up. So far I can't get into one, and it acts as a conventional bomb that flies really slow in 0.6

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

you gotta have a pilot for it.

Press e to get into the betty (you will sit in the bomb bay doors), then press e again when you are ready to enter the ohka (you will be able to walk around inside the bomb bay, until you hit e on the ohka) Then the bomber pilot will release you when ready (or you release yourself... i cant remember.)

You need 2 people to do it, one person can't.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Once you get into it its an awesome thing to fly, if you smash it into the allied destroyer it takes about 90% health off.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

you gotta have a pilot for it.

Press e to get into the betty (you will sit in the bomb bay doors), then press e again when you are ready to enter the ohka (you will be able to walk around inside the bomb bay, until you hit e on the ohka) Then the bomber pilot will release you when ready (or you release yourself... i cant remember.)

You need 2 people to do it, one person can't.

Actually 1 person can do it, you just need to take off to a reasonable height, switch to position 2, press e, go prone, and press e again, presto, now you're in the Ohka!

Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

hmmm i release it myself all the time....pilot the betty alone, switch to the bomb bay, pilot okha, hit carrier.... although yes I have to admit, it seems to fly just like a bomb....seems to have no thrust whatsoever...can only steer it. Errr, isn't it supposed to be rocket powered? Maybe bug?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Hit alt-fire click. It works like a komet.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Haha, the Komet thruster is so damn sweet. Good Job Devs!

pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I remember seeing this one guy getting into a betty bomber. He switched to the bomb bay area but accidentally released the ohka while the betty was still on the ground and the entire plane blew up

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Practice makes perfect!

Kloete

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
pheephI remember seeing this one guy getting into a betty bomber. He switched to the bomb bay area but accidentally released the ohka while the betty was still on the ground and the entire plane blew up

It is released automatically when you enter the ohka.