bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago
Raw_BeefYou shouldnt have to steal the enemy vehicles to win a map, though that is just my opinion....

Well if an enemy got a weapon more powerful than yours, you should think a tactic to win.

Stealing is one of the tactics that could be done.

Another one is go to the enemy zone with two mates who got bazookas.

Another is hidding when you see a tank and wait until it goes near you, and shoot at the back.

Another is pilot a plane and use the plane as a missil, remember to boil out before the crash.

And lots of other tactics that you can discover playing, so stop complining and go to play.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

I guess the real thing we need to do is wait for 0.6 and some Russian heavy tanks...

And the best way to kill a Tiger is to jump on it and get on its turret and shot down on the top of its back, one hit kill you get blown in the air and parachute down. Now doing this when the tiger has a hull gunner and four infantry swarming around it is very hard.

Major Fumble

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

I also think the Russian side should have the officer class. In one game the following conversation came up between two clan members:

[XXX]Member1: Artillery ready for barrage. [XXX]Member2: Who´s got the binoculars? [XXX]Member2: I can´t find them.

This made me laugh. The mighty Soviet army deprived of their artillery support because someone had mislaid their one pair of binoculars!

But I no longer consider this map to be that uneven. If the Russians have a few infantry players who sneak behind enemy lines and take back flags they can win quite often.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

it was never uneven. for every person who said the finns were at a disadvantage, another person said that the ruskis can never win it.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago
judge reinholdit was never uneven. for every person who said the finns were at a disadvantage, another person said that the ruskis can never win it.

They are talking about Valirisk, look the topic ;)

Raw_Beef

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

Just got back from a riviting game of Valirisk. I killed 5 tigers! (not in one life of course) but thats damn good i think. The key is using the hill above the barn-farm thingy near the first flag. If they give chase you can retreat farther till thy forget about you, and sneak back later on foot to demolition them! works great.

Back to the topic, some binoculars would be nice to clear the city of infantry before sending in the tanks. Most tanks are lost to infantry ner the flags.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

Tanks shoudln't even be able to take flage i think. I know that that probably is impossible but wuold be more realistic.

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago
PeoTanks shoudln't even be able to take flage i think. I know that that probably is impossible but wuold be more realistic.

Yes and when your killed you get kicked off the server , how about that for realism.

I mean, get real ,it is still to be supposed a game.

And what has your reply to do with Valirisk ? ? ?

Back to topic.

As posted in the IL Sturmovik thread :

"Don't think Axis has a clear advantage.

The only disadvantage Allied has is all the noobs spawning at the flags instead of some of them spawning at the base.

Every time I've played Varilisk I have like 2 to 5 tanks standing in the base when I pick mine up.

When playing as a team Allied wins nearly all battles because Axis has to cross the bridges to regain flags.

Thats my expirience , I always go as Allied on this map."

-TRR-Crib Deth

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

Hmmm...I've had a much different experience. The thing to do as the allies is get in a jeep and get to that far north base. From there (if you have a good team) you can grab a tank and get on the hill overlooking the town from the rear and suppress the infantry and tanks coming over the bridge, and then (this is where a good team comes in handy) the second wave of tanks from the main base comes in and viola..you've got em!! Just get a couple on the hill over the barn and a few up the middle and I dont' care how good the tiger pilot is, he's toast!

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago
judge reinholdit was never uneven. for every person who said the finns were at a disadvantage, another person said that the ruskis can never win it.

Silly reinhold.

BTT... The map is fine, although I agree that officers should be added. If the players had any tactical thinking crammed into their heads, they'd see these obvious solutions to make the wehrmacht seem a bit less overpowered:

The stuka is is a snap to get rid of, since there are two russian fighters to hunt it down with. After that's done, you can lay down some strafing fire on infantry.

A key thing to remember is to never not go into the city alone if it's contolled by enemy, in a tank or on foot.

If you're in a tank: Go find someone else who's in a tank. Then you can both go find a third guy with a tank. Tigers should no longer be a problem. Also, get some assault and/or CQB men to accompany you. Those pesky panzerfausters should no longer be a problem either.

If you're an A-T man: Find a group of assault, support or CQB troopers. Even better if there's another bazooka man along, too. Stick with them, and get rid of any tanks you encounter. The key thing is to spot the tank before he spots you, move around to the back and give him that bazooka of yours right up the ass. Or even better: Get into a building's high window, and shoot him onto the top deck for maximum damage. If you can't get him with the first shot, hide. If you have another A-T man with you, he should be able to finish the job. If you don't or he gets wasted, just reload and shoot the bugger again.

If you're an assault or CQB man: Your job is to protect tanks and A-T men from enemy infantry, not to charge the enemy flag, kill everyone you see and rack up as much points as possible. That strategy probably won't even get you very far, since there'll be loads of infantry around the flag. Not to mention that even if you capture it, mr. Tiger will probably come around for a visit. Then you're just plain buggered. So stick with the tanks/anti-tanks. You protect them from nasty people with guns and panzerfausts, and in return they protect you from nasty people with heavily armoured vehicles with big guns.

If everyone learns these simple rules, games will be much more fun and balanced.