Infini7y

+LW[KgG]/|Cross

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

After playing around with various land vehicles, I've noticed how easily the vehicles get stuck on slanted areas. (Ex: A mound made by artillery fire on maps with smokes coming out, near the ends of bridges, the fortified position for tanks in the Berlin-Outskirts 1945) Somehow, when you try to turn the vehicle on those slanted areas, your vehicle refuses to go anywhere but starts spinning. I had my king tiger, tiger, sherman, cromwell, APCs, and sturmgechutz to get stuck on any slanted areas in most maps. This poses a serious problem for your team when your vehicle is forced to block the entrance onto a bridge or a vital equipment such as king tiger is facing side ways towards the enemy. I believe there is something screwy with collision detection with 0.61, and wish the devs would look into this problem.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yea, tanks should be able to climb incline relatively easily. Some things, like jeeps, should'nt be able to however. But, going sideways on a slanted area will decrease grip/maneuverability.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

It's always been a problem with BF. Although, some tanks have this problem I've noticed it also depends on the tanks speed and size. For me, Stugs, churchills and tigers never EVER have a problem with most holes, and only the most extreme cliffs create a problem. Matildas can be stopped by a slight slant thought. It really has to do with how the "treads"(basically meaning succession of wheels) are set up and how fast the tank is

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

What has more horsepower, an infantryman or a jeep? If anything the jeeps should be able to take inclines faster then infantry, right now they stall out and slide down on steep ones and that's not realistic.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yea, but humans don't have a ton of weight working against them. Basic laws of physics, a heavy object is gonna have a tougher time getting up an incline.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

any one know why the Tiger "jumps" when you drive around in it ? and the M10 tank destroyer seems to get stuck all the time ...

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I had those problems aswell. Resulted in me having to blow up my own vehicle in order to make way for my team...

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I have posted this in bug reports already

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Only bomb craters pose problems for tanks that i am aware of......and Tigers get stuck in them too.

Maybe it is not a bug......maybe you should just drive around them.

I do agree RL tanks would just climb out of them without much problems, other then exposing their bottom wich may not be wise.

Quercus

Cocoa-Banana

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Is there any other factor that the devs can change apart from speed? It does seem that the tanks in FH are (generally) much less able to cope with slopes than in vanilla and in vanilla they aren't as adept as in DC for example. Surely the whole point about a tracked vehicle is that it should be able to navigate most slopes, however slowly, whereas at the moment most tanks I have driven in FH struggle with anything larger than an anthill - except the Matilda which can't even manage that ;).