Pasquill

Toast

50 XP

13th September 2003

0 Uploads

358 Posts

0 Threads

#71 15 years ago

Oh wow, I never new the British burned down the white house. Ill memorise that story for when me and my American friends get onto the "we saved your ass in ww2" i simple say" we kicked your arse".. I used to bring up Vietnam. but the Washington material is gold, PURE gold.

by the way they usually start it.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#72 15 years ago

All this talk about EDUCATION and speaking/reading English well and yet NO ONE has READ what the name of the topic is. Jeez! This just couldn't get any farther from the original topic.

And BACK ontopic from the OFFtopicness (my new word)...

We will be releasing screenshots of some weapons. A couple of our new weapons are pretty much just place holders for now and are not THAT good of quality. The only ones that are really, really, really good are the Carbine, Garand, the British revolver, Piat, and I might be forgetting a few here. Well anyways the bad ones will be replaced in the next patch with ones that are of the same quality as the ones I listed. So don't think those ugly ones are final, heh.

Also...No one post pictures without the permission of the dev team. I'm sure the ones who have the beta have read this in the private forum.

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#73 15 years ago

What are these simple-minded generalizations being made about american ignorance for? Most of you know who I am, and realize that I'm American.

And yes, as egotistical as it may sound, I think I know more about the second world war than anyone who browses these forums. Do I want a pat on the back? No. I would like the American bashing to cease though.

Nice work, Jackal.

sirpsychosexy

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st August 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#74 15 years ago

Wiking9What are these simple-minded generalizations being made about american ignorance for? Most of you know who I am, and realize that I'm American.

And yes, as egotistical as it may sound, I think I know more about the second world war than anyone who browses these forums. Do I want a pat on the back? No. I would like the American bashing to cease though.

Nice work, Jackal.

Americans struck first, we simply struck back.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#75 15 years ago
Wiking9And yes, as egotistical as it may sound, I think I know more about the second world war than anyone who browses these forums.

Big deal, try to make a living out of that. I bet I'm one of the very few here that knows (or is learing) quantum mechanics :D Anyway I try to keep myself from bashing anyone here as much as possible...

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#76 15 years ago

@Lightning

I'm not trying to making a living out WW2 knowledge, but it would prove fruitful if I did. Good luck with quantum mechanics, as it proved very difficult for me.

I start with Porche's Super Cup team hopefully next Christmas, after I complete my rounds at UTI and Porche's PTAP training school in Atlanta,Georgia. I think I'll try and make a living off of that:D

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#77 15 years ago

That sounds really cool, good luck with that!

Chris Tsamados

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#78 15 years ago

I've got to admit reading back through most of this, American bashing thread, made me chuckle, as alot of people have come to the conclusion that I am American, I'd like to correct you I am English.

As for this nonsense about a nation not going to war because they already knew they were beaten, well that’s just plain pathetic and thank god everyone else in WW2 did not hold these ideals, otherwise we'd all be speaking German and there'd be a lot fewer ethnic races!

I'd just like to add when Greece was defeated by the Germans, certain towns and villages met heavy recriminations for aiding and supporting their soldiers. I still think you can go and look at the plaques that were left, with messages such as here stood the town of "insert name” population "insert number" The truth of the matter is that the Germans totally raised the village/ town to the ground, killing anyone who was unfortunate enough to have not fled.