Sgt_Dude

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,025 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago
'[11PzGmatyast']They said the flight physics will be fixed. And yes, most of the bomber flight physics are more or less correct..... P.S. How many kinds of dive bombers are there in FH. To my knowledge there are 4.Not much, now are they? They are all very good, and in the hands of a good pilot, they are devestating.....

The Val was basically a modified Zero. It could turn amazingly, but it had much less speed. It is so fucking not correct in game. The B25 out turns it! BEE FUCKING TWENTY FIVE!

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

I didnt know that. But remember, the zero was a fighter, therefore a bombload could change its preformances.

Also the Val has a back gunner. That changes the flight characteristics too.

ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

Because I just read this...

Corsair (which it fought in the form of brittish Martlets )

The Martlet was the British Wildcats (pretty sure, otherwise they were the Hellcats). The Corsairs were Corsairs (sometimes the first ones were F4U-1Bs to the Americans) but the British referred to them as Corsair I/II/III/IVs.

I haven't heard the Val was developed from the Zero, but they may have used some knowledge gained during the Zero's development. The Zero is the Type 0 while the Val is the Type 99. The types designations are the last two digits of the Japanese year, so the Val came first (but, could have used information from early Zero development). The Val's had a lighter load than SBDs, but was more maneuverable (some books and websites I've read say something similar to "it was remarkably maneuverably" to "they were sometimes used as fighters after dropping their bombs early in the war" - which could mean China or early US-involvement)

I'll keep out of the debate regarding FH though, I can't fight with planes other than with bombs :)

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago
Beast of War Many of those who said "FH planes are ok, FH planes rulez" and "Beast u cant fly" and such, i have seen play on the servers. Can they still bomb vehicles and kill fighters ? Yes they can, and so can i. Are they effective, as in effective they are a real help to win the round ? NO ! Occasionally shooting down an enemy fighter, bomber or killing one tank once per 2 minutes is not effective at all. Many are relieved by this and don't want this changed, because they hate planes interfering in ground combat. But planes are a part of this game. Those who do not like it should go and play MOHAA, DOD or RTCW that have no planes, but not frustrate pilots to get efficent planes so they can enjoy the game too.

I dunno what ur talking about a good pilot which bombs enemy tanks, shoots down planes is a HUGE help to his/her team. Hes the guy that stops an armoured convoy from being raped by a stuka dive bomber hes the guy that kills the King Tiger waiting in ambush to kill off the entire allied tank strength. If myself, you, Lightning and say Ohioan were to all go on the same side on say El Alamein as long as we had a compitent team to cap flags we would totally own the map all their planes and tanks would be dead as soon as they left the main base. A truely 1337 pilot turns the tides of battles.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

...mmm......IT IS NOT WHAT THE PLANES ARE LIKE, IT IS HOW YOU AIM. If you aim well, you get a kill.....FULL PERIOD. The planes will get fixed......I SAID THEY WILL BE FIXED.....so you should really wait patiently, which means stop complaining...

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago

Yeah beast I didn't mean to say you have no skills or anything. I have never played against you how would I know?? You have to admit though that it is only human nature to think "he must be doing something wrong" when you hear someone griping and saying something is too hard or impossible, when you personally excel at what he is complaining about. SBD > Aichival by a large margin. Wasn't sure if that was historical or not, but thanks for bringing that up guys. On GuadalCanal I am always taking the aichi over to the American base and trading it in for the SBD. :)