Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8248#8248

Very nice. Forgotten Hope is my favorite mod. A lot of people at the Dice office hold it as the best mod yet.

Time for me to test out the linux server tonight I guess :-)

posted by dep (Andreas Fredriksson, Programmer at DICE AB (http://www.dice.se) so best mod says dice, but they supported dc ? :D this truely shows that quantity > quality in some cases ... FH rulz :bows:

N45ty

25, 3 kids,1 wife, no life

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Dice - Respect FH for quality of workmanship EA - Respect DC as it extends shelf life of BF1942 (Mo money)

I'm such a cynic. ;)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Well they got some RTR stuff, that's pretty nice.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

lol andreas must be a smart guy :)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Some DICE programmers probably really wanted to do what FH and BG42 did.....more realism.

But game programmers need a publisher for funding during the developement of a game that can take over a year. And these publishers often can demand certain things in return, they feel like will sell more copies.

An arcade approach would sell more copies then a hardcore realism approach, is the general established idea. Especially if you have plans releasing that game on non PC platforms too.

After RTR, wich was a failure because most casual players were not interested in weak italian and brittish vehicles and fighting in Italy ( = wrong realism ) and SW, wich was a failure because of involment of fantasy vehicles no one really wanted, they must look with interest what they should have been doing.....

Producing more real WWII well known vehicles, recreating famous battles and find a good tradeoff between arcade and realism that pleases the majority of the total group of WWII FPS and sim game players...