Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago
sempai(be)Yummy yummy , pzIII for dessert. "Pudding at D5 ! ! ! " , "marshmallow at E2 ! ! ! ". .

ROFL for a good 5 minutes!!!!!!

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

The Vanilla map of Tobruk is the British version as the last CP would not be captureable if defended by Australians (Germans never captured it during the 1st seige). Further, Australians never fought the Tiger (except possibly 3 Sqn RAAF flying P40E's). Lastly, the Owen Gun never saw service in North Africa.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago

Soldat JakobNo one wants to kill Austrailians though. Austrailians are awsome.[/QUOTE]

Well, New Zealanders gave up wanting to kill Aussies when they stopped molesting our sheep! :D

[QUOTE=Panzergrenadier]Heh... Australians were some of the most tenatios soldiers the Brits had. The Austrailians and the Gurkha's were ... well lets just say feared by most germans.

You forget the Maori Batallian. :D

Kommisar

WAW Tournament Chairman

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

WAW made a FH Tobruk conversion for last campaign. Also turned it into a night map (thanks to Tank). Troops didn't care much for the whole night element in the end (whiners) so now he is tweaking it and re-texturing it to a dusk map. Basically a bit more light than the night map was.

We also were going to rebalance the tank load out as the Panzer4Ds did not fair well at all (Axis players refered to the Panzer4D as "The Coffin") against the crusaders we had for the allies. Though I do like the idea of having the map be Italians vs Australians. Gives me an excuse to pull out any new Italian equipment we may have in 0.6... though the axis will most likely lynch me for making them use Italian equipment.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

No Italians in 0.6

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago
sturmklingesherman: 4542 built in ww2! just as a note.

about 50,000 shermans were built

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago

wah sorry, i read again carefully and the 4542 shermans were m4a3.

so correction:

if i add the production numbers from this site, there were ~48000 shermans built (all variations). sorry for this mistake.

urseus

|LAB|urseus┬▓

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago

I can do some aussie voices if they ever care to throw in the aussies for abit of variety.

Ive done some voice work for a few mates uni projects.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#39 16 years ago

Aussies also had their own tank, called the Sentinel.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#40 16 years ago

Yeah but they never really made any kind of impact on the war. They were used mostly for training and in 1943 they halted building them because there was no more threat of Australia being invaded by the Japs, and cause there were so many Shermans being produced every allied country could be equipped.