Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I am planning on beginning a new map for FH and i was wondering what u wanted me to make, i would prefer an eastern front map between 41-43... so what would u like to see.. (that is if my map is good enough id like FH to allow it to be in mod...) ps im having quite a lot of probs with smolensk on BC(can no longer add any objects..) and was wondering if anyone could finish it up for FH :/ ....

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]If you want to send Spidey into fits of happiness, make a map that focuses on artillery usage. We've got naval maps (kind of), we have infantry maps like Stalingrad and such, we have air battles, tank battles- but nothing that really hinges on some heavy use of artillery. So that's my attempt at a helpful suggestion. Good luck on the map. :D [/COLOR]

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

The russian strategy did focus on major use of artillary then advancements. So it would be common place.

I think you can do Citedel or a good remake of kursk. Sevestapol would definatly be a nice map or even a outskirts of leningrad.

You could be completely original and have a late war map where the russians take on the japs.

DauntlesDouglas

reviving old forum accounts

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Sevastpool would be my personal favorite, I think you should look in to it.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Actually you could do an early war map between the Japanese and Russians. Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't one of Kruschevs first battles in Eastern Russia, somewhere around Manchuria? I read something about this a long while ago, so my memory is a bit hazy, but i beleive the Japanese Army went ahead (without real authorization) and tried to encroach on Russian ground, and then the Russians gave them a nice slap and said "down boys" ;) I think this happened at least twice...

Although it might be a bit /too/ early, i think that was in '38 or '39...

NBrigade|TNT

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

The Battle of Sevastolpol would feature extreme artillery use, also perhaps even naval action.

Note; The Germans used two of the massive "Karl" 600mm mortars and one "Dora" 800mm mortar while attacking Sevastopol, so artillery was used heavily. :) At least I'd enjoy a destroyable bunker complex, and a lot of Axis artillery.

<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I say make a portion of KURSK, make the Kursk BF version look like crap...

Kursk Resource...has everything, Day by Day account, terrain ( 3d visualizations) , units, tanks , guns, even the newspaper reports:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/vy75/

=OR=

Reichstag: (couold be a infantry and arty only map)

The Battle for the Reichstag: April 29 - May 2, 1945 German resistance within Berlin continued and a prestige battle developed around the capture of the German parliament building (the Reichstag).

Map: http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/eastfront2/1reichstag45.htm

*hehe wouldn't it be cool to model the Reichstag and the square...

Opertaion Typhoon:

Operation Typhoon: September 30 - December 5, 1941 German forces regrouped in September, after the destruction of the Soviet forces around Kiev, with the intention of launching a final offensive against Moscow (Operation Typhoon) before winter. The offensive began with promise but the autumn rains made it impossible to continue the operation until the winter frost arrived. By this time, German forces were exhausted and the Soviets were demonstrating increasing resistance.

Map: http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/eastfront1/1typhoon.htm

MInsk:

Soviet Gains on the Eastern Front: June 1944 - January 1945 The constant pressure on the south led to a serious German intelligence failure in the summer of 1944. The Soviet summer offensive, opened on June 22, 1944 was directed against the Minsk salient. Army Group Center collapsed under the weight of the assault and the Soviet forces pushed on to the Vistula River line. The Balkans were cleared of German forces in the follow-up offensive.

Map: http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/eastfront2/1efrnt4445.htm

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

As long it's early war it's fine by me :D

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
As long it's early war it's fine by me

hehe early war means russian dominance in tanks... long live the KV and T-34.

Alakazou

Jimmy Paterson's disciple

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

847 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Malta Malta Malta.:rock: :rock: :naughty: