Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago

Do you have enough fans? 53 degrees Celsius doesn't sound too high, but if the system temperature is too high that might cause problems, is the air coming out via the fans hot? Does the CD work at all?

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago
HuffardoDo you have enough fans? 53 degrees Celsius doesn't sound too high, but if the system temperature is too high that might cause problems, is the air coming out via the fans hot? Does the CD work at all?

yes, the air coming out of the fan at the back is...well, not boiling, kind of lukewarm...but it isnt cold either.

As for the CD drive, well...its hit or miss, every now and again it will either be fine, wont pop out when you press the button, or the light will constantly flicker. the images of E: Drive and D: Drive arent there under my computer when it does this.

But the noise it emits, it is quite loud for a pc. its like a hollow echo...if you see what I mean.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

The CD drive might be dying, I don't know if it can have somthing to do with the temperature, but the symptoms sound like a 36x Creative station we had several years ago, first it worked ok, then it was like your drive and at last it didn't function more than occasionaly. Did you buy it from a shop? If so, then you maybe should contact them, it should be their responsibility to take care of it, if you haven't done modifications to it that could have caused the problem. EDIT: You could of course reinstall Windows, but I suppose you already have done the trick number two for Windows users. (Number one is to reboot a few times.)

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago
HuffardoThe CD drive might be dying, I don't know if it can have somthing to do with the temperature, but the symptoms sound like a 36x Creative station we had several years ago, first it worked ok, then it was like your drive and at last it didn't function more than occasionaly. Did you buy it from a shop? If so, then you maybe should contact them, it should be their responsibility to take care of it, if you haven't done modifications to it that could have caused the problem. EDIT: You could of course reinstall Windows, but I suppose you already have done the trick number two for Windows users. (Number one is to reboot a few times.)

I didnt buy it from a shop, and no I didnt modify it either.

Its a MESH, good one at that. It was bought through one of those PC Magazines.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

ARGH! The quick message box destroyed my text!!! And I don't remember what I was writing!:mad: EDIT: Now I remember something of it. Check the cables, reinstall Windows, test with an another CD-drive... Clean the computer from dust, if necessary. Finally, or whenever you feel like it, find a friendly hardware forum and ask for help, but remember to tell all important about the problem, as the drive model and such.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago
HuffardoARGH! The quick message box destroyed my text!!! And I don't remember what I was writing!:mad: EDIT: Now I remember something of it. Check the cables, reinstall Windows, test with an another CD-drive... Clean the computer from dust, if necessary. Finally, or whenever you feel like it, find a friendly hardware forum and ask for help, but remember to tell all important about the problem, as the drive model and such.

thanks you for the help :)

I dont intend to reinstall windows, but the cables are ok. I may give MESH a call and see whats up, and spend a few quid on some cooling gear.

dont want my FX or Nforce 2 card blowing up :nodding: