Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#41 17 years ago

No sten MK 5? Shoot himself with webely revolver.

Well as lon as the sten mk % doesn't look like the BG one.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

My favorite FH map is Valirisk. It's large, there's ample room for strategy and intelligence, and despite what people say I think it is balanced. Russia needs good players to win.

I like this map because all courses of action are acceptable. You can man a tank and try to take out the other tanks or provide support to infantry, you can take a DP and go prone along the river to protect your flag from incomming Axis (which is another balance issue... DP sucks compared to MG42, plz limit MG42s on that map). You can take Enginieer and repair your tanks or take Bazookas and have plenty of targets. No class is left behind. Also, there's some limited pilot fodder. (take out the damn bomber plz).

I think some of the textures could be better done, but this is the first release and it looks very good as is.

I am from the US.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']My favorite FH map is Valirisk. It's large, there's ample room for strategy and intelligence, and despite what people say I think it is balanced. Russia needs good players to win.

I like this map because all courses of action are acceptable. You can man a tank and try to take out the other tanks or provide support to infantry, you can take a DP and go prone along the river to protect your flag from incomming Axis (which is another balance issue... DP sucks compared to MG42, plz limit MG42s on that map). You can take Enginieer and repair your tanks or take Bazookas and have plenty of targets. No class is left behind. Also, there's some limited pilot fodder. (take out the damn bomber plz).

I think some of the textures could be better done, but this is the first release and it looks very good as is.

I am from the US.

BTW, Adak is horrible. Most boring map I've ever played. Please devs, take it out or make it more fun to play.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago

so many people from other countries than the great United States of America \but i liken midway battle of the buldge ,uh el amien ,omaha, needs work though , karelia marhe garden others but bad memory

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago

The reason for this laborious poll is this, I've noticed and this isn't precisely true but those people not from the USA tend to like the larger more open maps. Those which emulate nature and provide a lot of room for fighting. Its been my experience in the 10 years of PC gaming that many Americans prefer the tight, enclosed "rat maze" levels or maps. Why? Don't really know. Many US players are apartment dwellers and mall rats. Also I think exposure to other cultures has a big influence and tastes and acceptence. Being fairly isolated America doesn't really have too much exposure to outside cultures except for immigrants and bombing 3rd world countries. Typically that's the only time many of us there any geography. So if you can't relate to the setting you'll probably with dislike the map. The absolute opposite could be true too, tired of what you know you might want to virtually experience that which you don't. Its all curious for me. I remember playing CS and my friends would only play the same boring ass 8 default maps. When I got those great real world map packs (Luxor, India, Iraq, Spain) and custom skins of hezballah I thought it was great. Still my friends went right back to the same maps... siege and Italy... bleh!

Is the average person in every country so ignorant or is it only in my country?

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#46 17 years ago

Lots of people from the Netherlands and my only countrysman has abanded me by myself here.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#47 17 years ago

Favorite Maps El Alamein, Midway, Kursk, Valirisk.

Im from the US. I dont like any of the US maps so far that much really. Battle of the Bulge and a couple Pacific Maps are good but the others suck. I hope they are greatly improved as the mod develops. Same for Eastern front stuff. And then Id also like to see more British skins and the Sten.

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#48 17 years ago

El Alamein, Gazala, Coral Sea, Crete.

Australians were in North Africa, Crete, and were fighting alongside the US in the Battle of Coral Sea.

-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwN

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#49 17 years ago

European and russian maps are the best. Im so tierd of the desertmaps. and pasiffic omg so boring

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#50 17 years ago

Tierd of desert maps, there barely is any with FH support and no new ones.