Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Well I guess that everyone has had plenty of time to use all the different tanks on the different maps and I’d like to know why you like a specific tank more than another.

I for one like the Panzer IV H because of its relative quickness, its excellent maneuverability, its adequate armour and its excellent 75mm gun. Another bonus is the cupola MG which is nice for keeping those pesky fighters off your back.

I find that since the Panzer IV H isn’t an uber tank like the Panther or the Tiger I or II the allies and soviets tend to get a little cockey in their Shermans and T-34’s, they don’t seem to realize that I have just as much chance of killing them as they do of me. In fact I have the better chance of coming out on top since I always make sure to be the one with my frontal armour to them, never approach from the most direct route, and usually get the first hit since that 75mm is like a rail gun!

Any other people out there have a nice (ingame) favorite?

p.s. in a nice open tank map like pravohakah (sp?) never go from one town to the next in a straight line if you can. Make a nice curved route so that tanks going towards you will be looking straight ahead while you're off to their side. Even though you've both got your sides towards each other, he's not the one expecting you to be there! This also has the added bonus that when you do arrive at the town you are coming from a direction that usually isn't as well defended with AT Guns.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

The Panther is my favourite tank in FH so far. It has a very powerfull maingun, good speed and good armor. Another one would be the BT7, because of its high speed and quick reload. Also the Cromwell is a nice allround tank and has low silhouette. BTW, i don't like the IS2. It takes too long to reload and has low ammo.

Rasth

Did it penetrate? Did it fu-

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

My tank of Choice is: Sherman 105mm. Decent speed, pretty good maneuverability and hellofa gun. Kills everything with couple of shots, and infatry have practicaly no chance against it because of the big splash damage of the 105mm. And with these new tank sights it's a lot easier to hit from distance too. Only minus is that crappy AA mg, it still has the old firing pose so using it makes you priority target for enemy infatry = you'r dead.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Hmm..do I even have to answer this? No, but of course most people already know my favorite tank is the Shinhoto Chi-ha. You mean that tin can with the 25mm armor and 47mm high velocity gun? Yep. I'm not a "big" tank guy, I think I used a tiger like 2 or 3 times in .5 However, I really like stug spgs, b or g. I also think the ha-go (Although nigh invulnerable to expacks atm) is a great anti personel tank especially when others are manning the two mgs. So, why the chi-ha? Because like Blistex says, m4 drivers get cocky. They know a chi-ha can't win a straight fight so they move carelessly. So, I lay in wait..and then, boom..two hits to the treads or one to the rear and bye bye m4. Of course this was under .5 damage which seemed reasonable to me because at close range the chi-ha could penetrate 60mm, sometimes 70mm if it was unsloped. So, until they add the Chi-he (lol, yeah..sure they will) I'll be sticking with my chi-ha hoping someday again I'll get a chance to give cocky t-34 and t-34/85s drivers a taste of humiliation.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

For me I like the Sherman Firefly on Aberdeen, much better than a Tiger! if used correctly. On other maps such as battle of the bulge, I prefer the Puma, fast, can tackle all allied tanks with two shots and has an excellent MG. The Panther for open warfare.

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Since maneuvrability to me is as important as the gun and more important then armor i love being in a PII on Fall Weiss or in one of the T34 models on the russian maps.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

akula: yay, i prefer the puma at bulge, too. high mobility, easy to aim, nice mg. for my style of playing much better then the kingtiger. i mean, hey it's damn cool to get 3 shots of a brumbaer in the front with no damage at all, but this tank is too immobile for me. 1 shot by 2 m10 in the tracks and even the kingtiger is only a wreck. and the m10 is WAYS faster! and at least for me, i have my problems to aim AND hit something a mid- to far-distances (becoming even worser if the enemy knows what to do and present only a very low profile (turret) to me) with the kingtiger. much easier with the sherman.

i prefer puma, t-34 and firefly. t-34 with the sloped armor rocks. a pzIV(d) placed two hits on my frontarmor, but no damage - only a "pling" :D imagine 2 or 3 skilled t-34's now against a tiger (or kingtiger). you will lose maybe one or two t-34, but the enemy is down too - if you use your mobility and encircle the enemy. it's much easier now then in 0.5, because the tiger has a very slow turretspeed and it's driver is nearly forced to turn the whole tank and the kingtiger even TURNS only with slow speed.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I had fun with the Puma there too. It's protection comes from the allied tanks missing, while going full speed.

It easily goes around allied tanks so you can shoot them in the side or back.

The Tiger I survived many weapons fired at it also now, i think i lasted 15 minutes in it. It even shot a stolen Tiger II in one shot to the side.....really a fearsome tank now.

The slow turret turn makes the top mounted mg more usefull. I shot many bazooka soldiers switching to top mounted mg....that mg does not have a rate of turn at all :lol:

And only sticking your head out behind the top mounted mg , they cannot snipe you out of your tank that easy anymore neither.....a real BIG improvement !

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

BT 7 of course ..... extremly fast ...mobile ... good horsepower+tracks for bad terrain or a T34 .... fast ... good amored ... good main gun ......and often underestimated

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
ArminAceBT 7 of course ... good horsepower+tracks for bad terrain

Aren't you carried away a little bit ?? :lol:

No soft ground or mud in the bf1942 engine......al terrain is the same.

Wide track do not help in this game....would be really great for tank warfare if it did...