Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#101 16 years ago

Hmmm.....regular flaks are not so much a problem, attacking flak positions with a fighter when there are no enemy aircraft around is one of my most performed actions, i am very good in it too. Afterall it is the one of the primairy purposes of a fighter to protect friendly bombers doing their work, and flak threatens them just as much as enemy fighters.

I love that Spitfire in Market Garden......i almost exclusively kill flak gunners with it, reducing threat to the Typhoons or strafe flags that just changed enemy color.....always good for a high position on the scoreboard. ( i mention that for those who think aircraft without bombs are only good for kamikazing on tanks )

Mobile flaks are a major thread, as their positions change and they can be hidden. Much of the succes of attacking flak comes from knowing where they are, coming from reasonable altitude and start firing before they can even see you.......it is not hard for them to kill you in return when they see you, since you are coming straight at them.

I hope if mobile flaks are added, they will be placed in maps with care. Anyone who remembers bf1942 patch 1.3 knows that too powerfull AA ( flak and mg ) is just as harmfull to the game as too weak AA.

Flying in bf1942 1.3 was always kamikaze......

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#102 16 years ago

Hm, I wouldnt reccomend straifing flak guns, it can be very (read, VERY) deadly. Plane engine sounds have been increased 10 fold (you can hear them about 30 seconds before you see them) which takes away the element of surprise, and the gunner is going to start going apeshit trying to find your plane. If youre coming head on, then it's the gunner's wish come true, because you are one roased flyboy. Youl get a facefull of AA rounds, and youl make a nice big fireball. There is hardly anyway in hell that you will kill such a tiny, entrenched target, before it nails you (unless maybe, youre a IL2, or simmilar attack plane with rockets)

Flak cannons are best left alone by fighters, and left to either tanks, infantry, or more heavily armoured bombers/dive bombers

Mast3rofPuppets Advanced Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#103 16 years ago
McGibsTheres the towed 88, and wirblewind (or ostwind, whatever the 1 gunned thing is)

That's Ostwind

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#104 16 years ago

Head on fighter against a 88... That's not my definition of fun, esp since the 88 gunner is behind an armoured shield. Infantry is also a bad idea against AA, since the AA either is a big machinegun, or shoots HE shells, bot hof them not really good for you health. Best against AA are snipers, and tanks, or tactical bombers, although that is not exactly the most secure way.

Deadliest AA right now are either Dual Bofors, or probably the Ostwind, with it's extreme ROF and great mobility (compared to stat. AA) Not counting the ships multiple AA, those are in another league.

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

31st December 2002

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#105 16 years ago
Major HartmannNot counting the ships multiple AA, those are in another league.

You had too much fun with those, didn't you Hartmann? :) I don't know how anything survives that amount of hot lead.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#106 16 years ago

The dual bofers are prety damn nasty. They have the rof of a 20mm, and they take down a plane with 2 shells. The verling is still the coolest AA to use, because its deadly as hell, and it shoots so friggin much (aside from ships of coarse)

On gold beach there's a verling on a hill.

It's the most terrifying thing in the world if youre a limey grunt.

BIIIIG open field (i think theres some hedges on it now though) with quad 20mm cannons raining down flaming red tracers on your position, and it never has to stop and reload.

Infantry isnt bad against AA, usually because the guns are busy scanning the air for planes, or in the case of the 88, looking though a tiny little window. They arnt to difficult to sneak up on, and toss a grenade at.

Azik«¤»Blaze

GO FLAMES GO!!

50 XP

31st October 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#107 16 years ago

MG34.

How's the MG34 spawnable? Do you have to deploy it or can you still quickly jump into prone, immediatly have the reticle at it's most precise and waste everyone?

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#108 16 years ago

Dammit 0.6 come soon!!! I'm dying here! :lol:

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#109 16 years ago

map = (new) Omaha Beach vehicles = Kingtiger

[BFE]ZoDiaK

I eat nubs for breakfast

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#110 16 years ago

Dunno if it's in, but i'll probably check out the Ark Royal (or at least look for it) and check out those Quad Vickers MGs, and all the other AA guns :D