Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

In the model overview there are kewl models of waterplanes, torpedo planes and a german battleship

Yet i see no sea battle map and you issued a final map contest ?!?!

Does this mean there will be no european sea battles with Bismarck class ships against Royal Navy ones, or Royal navy clashes with Italian fleet ?

Maybe a 'sink the Bismarck' map with the swordfish aircraft and Royal Navy ?

Will there be subs at all/ subs with deck cannons or AA defense, like the U96 in "das boot" or torpedoboats that were heavily used in the english channel ?

I never understood the purpose of diving deeper then periscope depth in BF1942, as it doesn't fool sonar of destroyers and doesn't reduce depthcharge damage......have you guys any plans with subs or even making them more usefull ?

Although i am a pilot in my clan, i really would like to see dedicated sea battles (preferably without islands) and real use of posted models, not only as a side option in al land map ( BF1942 )

Lude

GF makes me horny

50 XP

9th December 2002

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

I donĀ“t know where did you got the idea that we will not have sea battle maps... The maps that you see on the news are for the first release, then more will come, if you see closely you notice not one but two german battleships (Bismark and Prinz Eugen) that will be used on the "Hunt for the Bismark" map, the Ark Royal is being done. And yes we will improve and historically fix all the Subs and etc, so you see, the models are not just for decoration (i still want to know where did you got that idea...)

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

its called the search button...

No, i wanna see swordfish action against the italians...or german guided missile action against the italians...poor italians, always getting owned...

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

There are naval units to be used on Crete, that's why there's so much water ;)

Weapon-XI

A CAT IS FINE TOO

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago
Originally posted by B.F. Pierce There are naval units to be used on Crete, that's why there's so much water ;)

And may i add that the update looks amazing ;).

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

The Hunt for the Bismarck map will include the Bismarck & its sister ship the Prinz Eugen. On British side there will be the Hood,........

And Taranto might be a map for the future ;) (it'll be made, almost 100% sure)