Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

What do you think of this Objective Map Idea:

US paratroopers have to sneak into a mountain fortress (dropped in by C-47), steal the Top Secret Documents, blow up the ammunition supply stored and escape with the cable car. Spawntickets as always, but no vehicles except the transport plane.

Here is some inspiration, taken from DoD (too bad I am not a mapper):

festung1.jpgfestung8.jpgfestung2.jpgfestung3.jpgfestung7.jpgfestung4.jpgfestung5.jpgfestung6.jpg

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Why do you double post? And please no RTCW missions.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
D-fenceWhy do you double post? And please no RTCW missions.

Then any infantry based map is a RTCW mission, heh?

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

No, it's just it's exactly like missions in RTCW and MOHAA.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yes surely this is just another infantry map. Besides it would probably be impossible to do anvanced indoor levels.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

SputtyNo, it's just it's exactly like missions in RTCW and MOHAA.[/QUOTE] I can´t figure out what´s bad about it. Further RTCW is no fun in multiplayer. The SMG fire like they have parkinson (can not even figure out how to hit with these things without an autoaimhack) and the teams have too much the same equippment (Axis with silenced Sten, Allies with MG42, FG42 and G43).

BF1942 and especially FH has good potential to make such a map even better.

[QUOTE=D-fence]Yes surely this is just another infantry map. Besides it would probably be impossible to do anvanced indoor levels.

Impossible to do advanced indoor levels?! LOL!.

Check the ISD Judicator map on Galactic Conquest. There you have a huuuuuuge indoor level. A Star Destroyer and a docked Corvette. There you can see how big indoor levels can be in BF1942. And even with quite some details. Also the rebel base on hoth.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

ISD judicator is one of the bestest levels ive played. Its just soooooo friggin fun. Some people hate it, but whatever. I love it.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Here are some ideas about US paratrooper class equipment.

Assault:

M1 Carbine (folding stock), grenades, rifle nade (yes, could be fired with the M1 carbine), pistol, knife

Close Quarters:

M3A1 Greasegun, grenades, pistol, knife

Support:

M1919 (I think there was a para version some kind with "shoulder hooks" and a bipod), pistol, knife.

Also there should be a pilot kit for the C-47 and a couple of sniper kits with Springfield 1903.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Sorry, I voted on "Well, I don't care", but actually I would like to make that map, only problem is that it would need years of modelling before I even could start mapping, and I don't have that much time. (And the map would probably be ugly, especially the textures. :) ) If someone, perhaps at least ten modellers and a few skinners and mappers, would have the time needed I certainly would be glad to test it.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

If there are mappers that can do it, it would be an interesting and fun change over outdoor fighting.

But there are many possible maps the FH mappers can do, there is only one FH sea warfare dedicated map, and no air dedicated map.

A formation of heavy bombers or U boats as main theme in a map has yet to be made. And those maps could rock, even if infantry interested players cannot run and frag for a round.

We all have seen map quality increase drastically in only 2 general FH versions. I will just wait and see what happens.....and in the mean time enjoy the great new FH maps.