Dobermannn

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

18th June 2003

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Everywhere or I go, I says that I am French, one says to me: put a white flag for France. But why?

I ask the creator of this MOD, to include pages of history in the MOD, before a part for example, thus the mockeries (jokes) of this kind will be avoided.

Here a page of history which shows that France is not to oblige to show a white flag ! (my back large father fought during this war, and between 1944 and 1945, its regiment stationed in "Baden" ("baden-baden ?") a German area.)

but 1940, when German was in France, there A were 2 choices: Capitulated and to go to German, it was the choice of the Marshal Philipe PETAIN, or then to continue the engagements, like want General DeGaul.

During the campaign of France, General DeGaul state in Londre, and A concludes an agreement with Churchill. The United Kingdom and France would make one country throughout war, thus no country could not capitulate.

But the Marshal Pétain, being a hero of the 1 world war, and the DeGaul General not being very known at that time, Petain becomes president and goes to German.

General DeGaul had come to France to announce this news with the French, it considering Petain had capitulated shamefully, and could nothing make, it set out again in the United Kingdom, and launched its 1st message of Resistance of the BBC for France. Free France had been born, and was recognized by churchill.

in 1942 after the opératioon torsch, and battle of Algiers celebrates it, which opposed free French and German of Rommel, general DeGaul established its headquarters in Algiers (at that time, North Africa and Algeria were French)

Free French, whose soldiers all were not French (there were Arabic, inhabitants of the countries of the east like Bulgaria, German opposed to the Nazis, etc) continued the engagements until 1944. In 1944, the battle of Paris with places some days after the allied unloading. Hitler ordered to destroy the monuments of Paris if the allies unloaded in France. Then the battle of Paris burst, which opposed German vs French. French gained the battle, Paris was free, France was going to be reunified. Thereafter, France continued the engagements as far as Germany in 1945. It is for that that during the lawsuit of "Nuremberg" France was present. It is for that also, that France appears among gaining of 1945, and managed part of Germany after the war.

Between 1939 and 1945, there was more military loss among French than among American

and do not forget either that according to the historians, France is the country which gained the most war in all the history of humanity.

Finally do not forget the 1st world war... the 2nd world war is only one revenge on German the young German soldiers, during the 2nd world war, obeyed the orders of hitlers and its commanders

Today, Europe is creates, France and Germany celebrated their friendship has there some month, I think that there will be no more war between the 2 countries. I often go to Germany, and never German asked me to leave a white flag, on the contrary, today German and French are friends, and will not make any more the errors of the last ones.

Here the reasons for which I would not leave a white flag, but rather a Bleu flag, white and red, or then a blue flag with stars which form a circle

in this moment, I am spirit to try to create the model of the French soldier.

39.jpg72.jpg46.jpg

here the model of modelized the Adrian helmet. I will texture it and export it.

bye :dance: :dance:

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
Originally posted by Dobermannn Everywhere or I go, I says that I am French, one says to me: put a white flag for France. But why?

yes, people that say things like that are just plain stupid.

( and just for the record; it's grandfather, not large father :) )

DauntlesDouglas

reviving old forum accounts

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I think we should all drop the whole spelling feuds since a lot of these people don't come from anglophone countries. They have learnt another language and that deserves respect. Hehe i have been to france for a while and i know they are not the arrogant ones (you know who is). France was part of the allies and they contributed too.

Doberman sent you a pm

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Je comprends pas qu'est que tu veut dire sur cette chose la, du drapeau blanc?...

Il faut surtout ignorer ces gents (surtout les americans, tu sais...) qui sont a conquerir le monde...même dans l'univers de video-jeux. Presque tout les jeux sur la seconde guerre mondiale sont faites par americans et acheté par americans...et alors, on dit que rien a passée avant 1943, n'est pas?

Les vainquers écrivent l'histoire, comme toujours, mon ami.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I totally agree with you ww2freak!

(like German, I can read French and understand it, but I can't write it)

(and it's not like I make fun of peoples spelling errors, I just let them know so they won'T make the same mistake twice. I mean, you should see me write stuff in French...)

Leo-The-L337-Llama

Not Funny

50 XP

11th June 2003

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Umm...I guess its time for me to learn French.

Montoya

FH Dev

50 XP

19th June 2003

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Originally posted by Dobermannn Everywhere or I go, I says that I am French, one says to me: put a white flag for France. But why?

I wouldn't worry about it Dobermann, those people who make jokes about the French are those who are the most ignorant about world war 2, or any military history really. And are probably age 10 :). The only thing that let France down was out-of-date tactics; but I wouldn't wish what the French, or any of the other occupied european countries had to go through during those years, on any other nation. I'm sure nobody needs reminding exactly what happened to those who didn't meet the requirements of "master race" that the nazis set.

Vive LaFrance.

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

It is like an urban legend. France has been known to surrender in wars. Doesn't matter the circumstance, they still lowered the arms and raised the "flag". "White flag" is justa symbol of surrendering. France surrendered in WW2 and Vietnam, just to name two wars.

Hey, countries are remembered for something, this is something that France is remembered for.

One thing that doesn't help much, is an online "insult" guide that has every insult to call each person from almost every country. One of them was about the fact than France likes to surrender. Big deal, it is better to surrender and live another day, then to lose everyone's life trying to fight it out. You still have your country.

Also, it might have something to do with the fact that for a nice few years, France had a "white" flag for the national flag...http://www.anyflag.com/history/fleurwht.htm

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Originally posted by rIFTEr [HSF] One thing that doesn't help much, is an online "insult" guide that has every insult to call each person from almost every country.

interesting, how would you insult a Dutch person? :rolleyes:

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Hmmm...didn't the USA lost the Vietnam War too?