Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#91 17 years ago

Originally posted by General FUp You mock the french for being unreliable and before that you've said how you pulled out of Vietnam and left your allies alone.. weird, huh? :rolleyes: Besides that, retreat means losing. Everything isn't always measured by land area. Oh, and how much communism did it contain that US pulled out? Must have helped a lot :D

I think that the US should have stayed and finished the job. It just those stupid hippies. Actualy some scholars say that the Vietnam war helped shorten the cold war. Some say that if we hadnt entered the Vietnam war than the USSR could have lasted 10 more years. If we had just sat and done nothing then communist countries would have taken us for a pushover. Even though we left Vietnam, they realized that the US is one snake you dont want to play with.

Oh yea, and the US doesnt make a history of surrendering in war. Unlike other countries... :rolleyes:

Zetler

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

8th March 2003

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#92 17 years ago
Originally posted by Archangel85 err...the USSR lost the cold war because a) Michael Gorbatshov started a row of reforms to open up to the west (Glasnost) and b) they were bancrupt because they spent to much on nuclear warheads. (Besides, central operated economy like used by the communists, was never as effecient as capitalism). Their pay to vietnam was most in military equipment they had already produced.

Blaming the failures of a flawed social and economic system on Michael Gorbachev is absurd. He merely saw the impending doom of communism and unlike his predecessors, had the will to reform a rotting empire.

Soviet aid to Vietnam did not cease after the reunification with the South but rather it increased. The Soviets had to inject massive amount of money to rebuilt Vietnam and even floated the bill for the invasion of Combodia. Other than being fierce jungle fighters the Vietnamese were also political geniuses, they asked for money CONSTANTLY and played the "You're not going to abandon us like the US abandon the South are you?" card to hilt bleeding the USSR dry in the process.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#93 17 years ago

I never blamed Gorbatshov for the failure of his system. He is mainly responsible for me to be able to write here today.

geoff the chef

[11PzG]geoffthechef

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

190 Posts

0 Threads

#94 17 years ago

what country are you from arch angel ?

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP