Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Artillery can turn, mg tripods can turn, why don't PAK cannons turn ???

They are generally pre positioned much better then DICE did in the disastrous RTR expansion, but they NEED to be able to be turned around like other artillery !! Or else tanks or infantry easily outflanks them and kills the helpless gunner......

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I agree. On "The Storm" Paks are very easily outflanked.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

They were added last minuet because on the 1.6 patch, so they didnt have enough time to code them. Jackle's Pak isnt skinned yet, so they wernt going to have any in .6, but because of the 1.6 bf patch, they were able to at least have placeholders until the FH model is compleated.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
McGibsThey were added last minuet because on the 1.6 patch, so they didnt have enough time to code them. Jackle's Pak isnt skinned yet, so they wernt going to have any in .6, but because of the 1.6 bf patch, they were able to at least have placeholders until the FH model is compleated.

Ah...that is a relief, so they will be able to turn in future versions. :)

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

hell, why post thousands of new thread even if the answer is so self-describing if u just think a little bit about the circumstances ? i didnt know exactly what mcgibs posted, but after my first use of the pak i thought .. hmm maybe it doesnt turn cause its from the patch and they didnt had time to code it ... but some people are just too lazy too think, i guess, and love it to posts those things in forums and whine about it ... phew ... maybe i just exaggerated too much, sorry guys ...

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

yup. We were buggin heartman about them during the last internals, but i think he had way too many other things that needed dealing with (mainly the CTDs from the 1.6 patch) that it got overlooked.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
Oberst Topgunhell, why post thousands of new thread even if the answer is so self-describing if u just think a little bit about the circumstances ? i didnt know exactly what mcgibs posted, but after my first use of the pak i thought .. hmm maybe it doesnt turn cause its from the patch and they didnt had time to code it ... but some people are just too lazy too think, i guess, and love it to posts those things in forums and whine about it ... phew ... maybe i just exaggerated too much, sorry guys ...

I often do not know what to think.......when those PAK's cannot turn, it could also be a well considered choice of the devs....

I mean, no allied tank STILL has a bow mg gunner position, while all models do show them on the outside. As RL allied tanks ( or all tanks in general ) did have bow mg guns, it is a choice not to add them.....( no explanation was ever given why not )

I did see the Priest suddenly did got a top mounted mg ( although the guys that uses it is standing up the DICE way ) wich is great ! Those mobile artillery really need that kind of close defence. But it was a choice, apparently not to give the Wespe a top mounted mg. In real life, all Wespe carried a MG34 in a box inside the fighting compartment, to be mounted on the gunshield or deployed outside the vehicle when needed.

I cannot tell if the devs forgot about things, or deliberatly left them out. That is why it is unreasonable to "attack" poster that ask questions about ingame things they run into, that seem odd.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Ever heard of the word "beta", well it means not completed yet, at least in the case of FH. So be patient .

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

hartmann is busy and probably forgot.

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Well , I agree with all you guys how it sucks that they don't turn but like matyast said,it's a beta. Oh,what I would love is something similar to the 88 towing, a pak towing!yay.