sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

hm.. played it now for 2 days and I have to say, it isn't the mod for me (at the moment!). too many bugs, which make this game unplayable at several maps (orel -> pzIV H, atlantic -> lag/whatever). i like the realism of fh, but its hard to have realism in a game AND have a good balanced game.

let me explain this: orel is the map where i thought at the first look "woooah! what a damn cool map! street fighting! tanks! planes! coooool!" well.. i was playing with the allies. but at this moment i don't know the tricks how to win the map even with allies (stealing german tanks from their base) - i took a nice and fast t-34/85 and go for hunting. well... i didn't survive the first pzIV. "ok. unlucky" i thought. respawn and another pzIV was near the main allied base and shot one sowjet tank after another. this tank got several hits (10-15) from several t-34 and wasn't even smoking! planes? forget it. germans have stukas, allied? fighters... great! really helpful against a tank. infantry? forget it! everybody who was leaving the base was shoot by this one fucking freaking tank.

another map: atlantic. very nice, but boring like hell and stuttering like playing hl² at a p-75 with 32megs of ram.

this are two examples why i don't playing fh 0.5 anymore. this mod has enormous potential, but right now its not my game. the actual fh-version should be called 0.05 instead of 0.5. look at eod (at 21% (=0.21)) or dc (0.4) : they have both lower version-numbers but less bugs then fh. and most important: no fun-killing bugs like the pzIV-bug.

please developers: a mod is NOT about the tons of new units and perfect realism. it's about balancing, usability and fun. please balance the units better next time and THEN add more units. look at eod.

ok, i hope i won't start a flamethread here. i just want to write what i'm thinking about the actual fh (0.5). i will try 0.6 anyway, looking for a playable version.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

well both of your examples are being fixed. The Panzer IVH has been identified that it is far too strong in terms of armor and the Atlantic map has been fixed ie, ships have been removed or tweaked...

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

These fixes have already been stated to be part of the next patch which will focus mainly on bug fixes and a bit more new content. And besides, FHs quality cannot be compared to EoD or DC, those mods have already had 4+ updates to fix bugs.

I can remember how craptastically full of bugs DC was, now it's just crap because of the morons that play it, well and the maps too...

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

as i wrote, i will try it again with next version or patch. but i can't believe how this enormous bugs like pzIV and atlantic would be included in the first public beta. it seems like nobody was playing this before ;)

but what i meant: why did they start at 0.5? 0.5 sounds like "50% finished" and suggests this to the players. why didnt they start at 0.1 or so like other mods? it's like "we have the highest version-number" ;) it's not a real problem but it's confusing.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

maybe they're working through Betas and then into complete version likes what was done with counter-strike. :P

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

They were going for 1.0 but because of everyone screaming and nagging for a release, they released it. Now everyone is screaming and nagging about the bugs, that's life...

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

bugs will often get fixed much quicker with this method though with "everyone is screaming and nagging about the bugs" to a better extent than if the team did it JUST on their own, theres always something bound to slip through their net.

With the several hundred people that are complaining about these bugs are actually doing the team more good than bad, regardless of how annoying it might be.

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

i think it was ok, to release the current state of development. because now they got thousends of beta testers and finding bugs and fixing them will be alot easyier for the devs :) so dont complain, the mod isnt meant to be played for fun right at the moment, but for serching bugs and showing us, that this is no "forgotten mod" ;)

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

The number 0.5 is not really important. 1.0 is not a wall for us, when we are bored we will stop the FH development

RPGreg2600

I shot down MG42Maniac

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I hit the PIV in the rear from point blank range four times with a T-34 and it didn't even start smoking. Then the guy in the PIV finally realized I was directly behind him, and he turned around slowly and took me out with ONE hit to the front armor! Isn't that a bit cheap?