MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

It's actually quite easy to take a PzIV out. Just aim at the turret.. Tho most times you're f*cked if it spots you.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

another name for this thread could be "why it dosnt care anybody why i dont play fh 0.5 anymore" ;)

well just want to say that NOTHING is finished yet (no plane, no tank, no ship, no weapon, no sound, no fx, no texture, no map) its a 0.5 - it was released to give peoples a feeling how FH will be ...

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']They were going for 1.0 but because of everyone screaming and nagging for a release, they released it. Now everyone is screaming and nagging about the bugs, that's life...

Lightning for Pres :naughty:

Gnarg!

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

People, dont use the russian tanks..they suck extreme at long ranges and that is where thy r most encounterd... GO EXPO PACKM OOHHAHA!

Tanks r easy to take out, they turn like turtles just jump up on em, place a expo pack, jump fof...AND RUN RUN RUN! And watch the show :D

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

no way, id rather be in a t34 than the deathtrap panzeriv

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

Why do people complain that they released with bugs? As a beta, its meant to be a buggy version. Complain about bugs by 1.0 . Also, a mod isnt about balance, its about having fun. For instance, a sherman will almost always get killed by a tiger(I have killed a tiger with a sherman, by hiding behind obstacles and shooting it in the side several times), but not only is it fun to be part of the tiger hunt, you get shermans in a higher quantity, and they respawn faster. There are more types of balance then your way, which might as well be "Every gun should obstruct the screen equally, fire at the same ROF, have the same range, do the same damage, have no advantages over each other. ".

Ohh, and see ya.

Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago
raslin. . .(I have killed a tiger with a sherman, by hiding behind obstacles and shooting it in the side several times). . .

I'd like to mention something that was brought up in relation to BG42's mod and the way their tanks are set up as far as muzzle velocities and straight trajectories go. TANKS ARE NOT MADE TO GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH ANOTHER TANK. They're best used at some kind of a distance and, as raslin said, by hiding behind obstacles for cover -- peak out, shoot . . . repeat procedure until opposing tank blows up. Since this isn't Vanilla BF, tanks can't be used in the same way. THERE'S NO ARCING PROJECTILES. My advice to anyone grabbing a tank: be smart and use some serious strategy. If you can get behind some cover to avoid or take less damage, that's your best bet. If not, consider yourself screwed.

Also, in relation to this. I agree with another poster who said that tankers should have infantry cover to protect them from anti-tank guys. If some people haven't noticed yet, YOU CANNOT USE THE SAME TACTICS YOU USE IN VANILLA BF. :dance:

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

ok. with the new patch this mod is becoming as great as i expected from 0.5b :) fightings betweens tanks are quick and hard but fair. and guys... the feeling to be defenceless against panzerschreck-infantry is very intensive.. GREAT! (and i hope, there would be more teamplay and supporting infantry even on public servers)

the new maps are great too, and luckily the server i played on, removed the boring atlantic-map from map cycle :) anyway.. there is still crete in the mapcycle :rolleyes: but most/some players like this map, i don't so its a nice chance to go to bathroom :D

anyway: great fix. with 0.5c its a playable mod, having enough potential for tweaks, balancing and additions.

WHDACV

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

9th November 2002

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

well its a great mod but i think waiting a year for a b25 is too long the team should have been releasing all along its easier to fix bugs by people playing...not with testers the devs could easily test it themselves together i was still suprised the amount of issues considering FH has been around since the beginning of bf i politely asked for the b25 for my own stuff but NOOOO i had to wait like everyone else :mad: GJ FH team by the way i see 5b on the site i have 5a is my stuff wrong and where do i get 5b