Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#51 16 years ago

I'm not too bad at aiming the aa guns, but I find on most of the maps that 1 - the aa is just placed in stupid places where you cant even fire shots off, or 2 - the aa is just plan inneffective and i get pwned by stupid plane whores. I dont really like planes tho...

Oh yeah, and im not new to FH, and Ive been reading this forum since august, so dont flame me for being a "noob"

THRILL-HOUSE

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#52 16 years ago

the bad placement is also true for the field artillery, like in Crete. i wish they hadnt taken out the ability to turn it. that was kinda dumb...

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#53 16 years ago

its back in .6

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#54 16 years ago

Dancing JesusI'm not too bad at aiming the aa guns, but I find on most of the maps that 1 - the aa is just placed in stupid places where you cant even fire shots off, or 2 - the aa is just plan inneffective and i get pwned by stupid plane whores. I dont really like planes tho...

Oh yeah, and im not new to FH, and Ive been reading this forum since august, so dont flame me for being a "noob"

"Plane whores" that are going to kill you in your flak gun always come straight at you. Then have to because in order to aim their guns they have to point their whole aircraft at you. To drop bombs they even have to overfly your flak cannon.

There is no easier target then a plane coming straight at you......you do not have to lead your shots, you only have to point the cannon on the incoming plane. If he is diving steep you aim slightly lower, if he attacking in a shallow dive then you aim slightly higher.

So if you get pwned by a plane, there really was an equal chance, even in slow turn flak cannons. If you got surround speakers, there isn't even any excuse as you can hear them coming and can aim the gun without seeying them yet. You always will be hitting the attacking plane in the nose. Depending on the aircraft that is where the engine or pilot is, two of the weakest parts of an aircraft.

I can only agree it takes experience to hit a far away aircraft flying sideways relative to your position. But when you are experienced the 4 shot allied cannon is effective enough to down several planes a round. In Wake i took 11 out with the "crappy" allied 4 shot flak cannon and i wasn't even in them the whole round.

The only thing that pisses me off ( a little ) is that so many pilots are able to bail out not rewarding your flak gunner skills with a kill. Those 11 shot down planes only gave me 3 kills....

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#55 16 years ago

On Midway 2 or 3 skilled AA gunners can really help the Allied fighters by knocking planes out. I perfer the Bofors over the Flak 18. Two shots sometimes even less, an average gunner can take out Vals and Stukas but it is hard to hit zeros.

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#56 16 years ago
Artie Bucco Two shots sometimes even less, an average gunner can take out Vals and Stukas but it is hard to hit zeros.

On Wake I even take the Vals out with the defgun . ;)

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#57 16 years ago

My concern here is if they make the AA too powerful then planes become a waste of time. AA is already powerful enough, if it gets that much stronger then people won't bother flying. Especially, if FH is to be played in organised competitions where you have designated player always manning AA.

AA requires practice, I hope that 0.6 hasn't made AA so easy to use that any arsehole can take out planes left right and centre.

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#58 16 years ago
Pink Floydi think AA allies should just blow parts of the plane off if you dont hit the engine. because the shell explodes when it hits a plane right? so lets say you hit a wing. then you would loose controll of the plane and it would just crash. lets say you hit the cockpit. well then you just get blown up and the driverless plane crashes. lets say you hit the engine. the entire plane explodes and whats left of it crashes. as long as something crashes then its all good

I don't think the BF engine could do that. Your talking in the realms of a flight sim there;)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#59 16 years ago

Heinrich BlotgrasseMy concern here is if they make the AA too powerful then planes become a waste of time. AA is already powerful enough, if it gets that much stronger then people won't bother flying. Especially, if FH is to be played in organised competitions where you have designated player always manning AA.

AA requires practice, I hope that 0.6 hasn't made AA so easy to use that any arsehole can take out planes left right and centre.

You are right...

In FH 0.5 in Wake Island, Iwo Jima and Op. Market Garden maps Flak can be devastatingly effective if they are all manned. It is almost impossible to stay long above flak field of fire area's without getting your aircraft shot to pieces.

It is some maps that need better distribution of them though. Best example is Kharkov winter where the airfield and base are completely defenceless to air attack.

I would personally not like Flak become more powerfull, only better distributed and fully functional. ( = not obstructed by too high sandbags or behind objects like trees, houses, barracks and bunkers )

I would like (vehicle) mg somewhat more powerfull against aircraft though. Shooting at a fighter with an APC mg is only taking one or two health bars off. I know mg are coded more powerfull then that, but the packet loss or lag results in rediculous low damage.

If Flak is increased in power, we might get another experience like in bf1942 Patch 1.3.......flying meant being shot down in 30 secs in most maps for sure.

Clousseau

FHer since .5

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

540 Posts

0 Threads

#60 16 years ago

I think there should be a delay on when you bail ,no getting out strait away .....