Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Far more Type 100s were produced by Japan than the MP-18s that were used....plus the Type 100 was an original Japanese production. Much cooler than the MP-18, so why not model it? Plus it was the official sidearm of the Japanese paratroopers. Speaking of which..... Why not make a map or two from the Dutch East Indies campaign???

You could model Japanese paratroopers! They used a cargo plane that was a direct reproduction of the American C-47 (they actually had bought the license to manufacture it before the war started) so you wouldn't have to model a new plane. The Dutch East Indies (now called Indonesia) is the forgotten campaign of WWII, yet IMO, it was one of the most interesting and exciting battles of the war. Some interesting naval combat happened, and some daring paratrooper raids. http://www.geocities.com/dutcheastindies/

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

welcome to BETA LAND!

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Yes, McGibs sympathizes with us type 100 lovers, but he rightfully says that just can't have everything at once. I'm a little puzzled about the type 100 though because the model has been around since .5 It must be tough to come up with sounds or skin then. Yes...if this were a perfect world, I'd have my type 97 AT rifle, my Type 1 HO-NI I 75mm tank destroyer, and my 150mm HO-RO SPG. However, we live in a pretty good world where .6 has given us beautiful pacific maps (Iwo Jimaaaa!!) the arisaka, 50mm nade launcher, type 92 hmgs, ha-go, etc, etc...plus the chance to do a real banzai charge (by saying, banzai..hehe)

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Let's hope it makes .7. I want to see a lot more cool pacific islands stuff now. I'm still finding new Japanese toys to play with on several maps. There's a huge cannon in the blown up bunker on Iwo Jima's landing beach that can be used to clear out the bunkers overlooking the beach and kill any spawn camping tanks. It's a great model too, I haven't seen it anywhere else though.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Your talking about the AA cannon on the beach? It is a type 88 75mm AA gun. Later to be used on the type 4 chi-to tank. It is a good cannon...I use it to destroy AA landing amtracks..I even destroyed the landing ship and one of its shermans before some infantry got me. I had 15 kills right off the bat from that thing. Also the 25mm aa in the bunker above is great for doing that too. I'm still trying to figure out best to use the kneemortar...and I think it is bugged anyway because I launch a mortar, it shoots...yet I kill myself.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

no hes talking about the russian and japanase medic gun that is in reg bf. ok heres the stroy behind that gun. in the end of ww1 germany created it. in 1918. why its called bergmann mp-18. it was a close range sub-machine gun. so why is russia using it in ww2? youll just have to ask dice. the japanese never used it. dice also used the reloading annimation for the mp18 on the sten in rtr. that just shows how lazy they really are. yeah type100 will be comming soon i bet! (for fh) and i liked your idea bout a japanese paratrooper map! that would be fun1032.gif

Unseen_Soldier

I post to get attention

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I hope we can use the bayonets in 0.7

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Pink Floydno hes talking about the russian and japanase medic gun that is in reg bf.

My response to was Ohioan's post, sorry I didn't quote him first to make that clear. I know what the mp18 is.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Or a Z Special raid on japanese camps in borneo.....(ok, mabye a lil to far, but my G-Grandfather was in Z-Special *Aussie SAS in ww2*

D-Jay

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th March 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Wouldn't the Dutch East Indies require the Dutch army as well?