[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have read some more stuff on this and the BF Vietnam team said that a dedicated group of modders (Like the FH team) should have no problem converting the mod to work with BF Vietnam. That the structure of the game is very close to the same with some changes here and there. Does the FH team have any plans to convert the mod to work with BF Vietnam or will they stick only with the older BF1942 engine? Possibly maybe 2 version?

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Switching to a different engine takes a lot of work, unlike what you've read. Besides, the BF:V engines offers little more than the BF1942 engine and I don't think as many people are going to buy BF:V (I know I'm not).

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I asked that question a while ago, and it seemed the FH team wasn´t particualy fond of switching to BF: Vietnam. However one major issue was the fakt, that they would have to convert all basic vanilla BF stuff aswell which wouldn´t be alowed for copyright reasons. But this was demented by DICEs lead-designer a while ago, as he said as long as it wasn´t for profit, you were allowed to put BF 1942 content in BF: Vietnam. So, maybe there´s still hope...

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']Switching to a different engine takes a lot of work, unlike what you've read. Besides, the BF:V engines offers little more than the BF1942 engine and I don't think as many people are going to buy BF:V (I know I'm not).

I think you are wrong on that. I know my whole group of [SaS] guys are buying it. Some of them don't even like BF1942 but they are buying BF:Vietnam. In the end more of us will own Vietnam than own BF1942. Also all the graphics engine update might be worth it for the eye candy. You need more mod team members I'll be happy to join you to help with that effort hehe. I know it wont be easy but I like a good challenge. Not to mention all my guys will want our server running BF Vietnam so if the mod supports it I will have a easier time getting FH in there too haha. As it is now I think I will have to run 2 smaller BF servers, one with FH and one with Vietnam so our server can support both.

Cpl. Joker

Go For Broke!

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

BF vietnam offers a lot of potential, although it would be easier to port a modern mod like Desert Combat than one for world war 2. We'll have to wait and see what you can do with the engine.