Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

When Forgotten Hope is finished will the FH team stay together & make new even cooler mods like Forgotten Hope 2 (Better game engine) where tanks are full size & building look right. I know the guys at FH are busy & this Post is pointless but there Mod is simply thre best & I hope they go on to make more even cooler Mods using better game engines & they could even use there old skinned vehicles. (Dreams of the day when he gets into a full sized Panzer IVh & drives for 3 minutes to get to thew front lines) Sorry I was playing Call OF Duty & the tanks looks really cool but personally I think the FH guys could make better ones. Hope you guys stick together after Forgotten Hope is finished

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

its only 0.5f right now, its not even alpha dont worry about "Forgotten Hope 2" yet

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

...dude... beta is AFTER alpha.

Leitung Panzer

BFE-WaW Tanker

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

The MANLY thing for FH to do, would be announce it will be going to BF:V and start showing us models from that, Like the D:Day mod, which is now better than FH for the sheer fact they are adapting to changing times.

By the way, DICE and Trauma studies now have a contract, Trauma makes DC. :deal:

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
McGibs...dude... beta is AFTER alpha.

whoops

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Leitung PanzerThe MANLY thing for FH to do, would be announce it will be going to BF:V and start showing us models from that, Like the D:Day mod, which is now better than FH for the sheer fact they are adapting to changing times.

By the way, DICE and Trauma studies now have a contract, Trauma makes DC. :deal:

Switching to a new engine would mean another huge blank expanse in which no patches were released. They have to remodel everything, make normal maps on everything, and re-map every map. That's making a mod from scratch. Also the new game won't run on half the computers that BF1942 runs on, pixel shading isn't pumped on every card.

Forrest Hump

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
Nurenig (Dreams of the day when he gets into a full sized Panzer IVh & drives for 3 minutes to get to thew front lines)

Try WWII Online for this feature...youll change your opinion of driving quickly :fistpunch:

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
Nurenig. (Dreams of the day when he gets into a full sized Panzer IVh & drives for 3 minutes to get to thew front lines)

We have a real life simulator of that around here. It's called the Department of Motor Vehicles. You get in line and wait there for an unimaginable amount of time.

I can't see driving for 3 minutes, getting hit by a sherman shell, exploding, and driving another 3 minutes as being a good thing. That's the kind of realism that we don't need.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']We have a real life simulator of that around here. It's called the Department of Motor Vehicles. You get in line and wait there for an unimaginable amount of time.

I can't see driving for 3 minutes, getting hit by a sherman shell, exploding, and driving another 3 minutes as being a good thing. That's the kind of realism that we don't need.

I beg to differ.

Some of us WWIIOL Vets know just how fun it can be. Its a great thing to drive a matilda with a .50 cal and a .30 cal into a contested city from a far away forward base. Take a position in a street, and your infantry moves forward. Enemy infantry comes, and you begin to blow them down with your guns. A Pz 38T comes out of the spawn area, you quickly hose it down with a spray of bullets, just enough to make it be cautious.

Ok, im reliving personal glory, but the matter is, it is fun when you have enough people. The majority of people who didnt like WWIIOL were people who grabbed a rifle, ran for 20 minutes, and found out a city was already taken... which is very dumb to do.

Anyways, I personally think the FH team could become independant, although they would need to hire a few real coders(not .con coders), and the mappers would need to get really good with 3ds max... but lets just stick with BF for now.

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']Switching to a new engine would mean another huge blank expanse in which no patches were released. They have to remodel everything, make normal maps on everything, and re-map every map. That's making a mod from scratch. Also the new game won't run on half the computers that BF1942 runs on, pixel shading isn't pumped on every card.

And they would have to make a lot of WW2 static objects (houses, bridges etc.) too. taht would be a lot of work, or they might want to use the objects from battlefield1942 but I don't think that would be legal...