CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

:micro: Ok yes Im the dumby..................................... How do I use it for best effect? I tend to kill myself more often then I kill others with it. It seems REALLY powerful, the other day I was on wake (japanese team) I picked up the knee mortar Fired it, and the damn thing hit the rail on the destroyer!! Killed myself and 3 team mates, as you imagined, that pissed me off pretty good........ So I avoid using it when Im around other team mates. Makes for an interesting suicide weap though! lol.................... yeah I know its gay........ but funny as expacks on a KT! :fistpunch: So tips? Help? Anyone got the wisdom of a seasoned knee mortar fireing veteran?!?! Thx in advance!

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Aim.....fire...preferably at the enemy....

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Test it out on a single player game some time. Create a server and test it out. Do that for a good 30 minutes and you should have it down.

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
'[11PzGmatyast']Aim.....fire...preferably at the enemy....

.................................i take it your not any good either.........................

Anyhow, I was meaning specifics. And what should it be used against? I dont think it does any dmg vrs tanks, and the def guns dont seem to take much dmg from them either.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I don't kill my teammates with it, if that is what you are asking.....

Anyway, it is pretty accurate, all you have to do is to let the crosshair focus....then.....fire......BANG.....enemy Buffalo is dead....

P.S. Use it against anything besides tanks + Def guns and heavily armoured ships(the last one is obvious).....

Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

From my experience it never goes where you aim, and it tend to drifts right or left for one reason or another (I assume if ur at an angle or what not). If you hold down the right mouse button, that makes it go further (or so I've been told). BTW: Do we have them in Guadalcanal and Makin? Cuz we should. Japanese used them as standard from 42 on. They were widely manufactured and distributed. AND IMO- Japanese knee mortar class should get a RIFLE!! The whole point of the knee mortar (actually it was a "leg mortar") was that it was EXTREMELY lightweight and was strapped to the leg leaving your hands free to carry a rifle. In practice the 50mm mortar was just a kind of long range anti-personel grenade-launcher just like the ones the German and Allied assault classes have. Only fair that we get a rifle too.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

It was meant for suppressive fire also, remember that. It's not meant to be pin point accurate. And don't use it expecting to get lots of kills. But it will help the team greatly.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

They originally had a rifle, i had no clue why they took it out. I'll suggest that they put it back in (and take out the nades)

Just make sure theres nothing above you when you fire. They can shoot as far as you can see on iwo jima, and once you get good with them, they kick ass for attacking infantry spawns or positions from long range. Use right click to set the range (like a grenade). It doesnt make it shoot further, it makes it shoot closer. I find that left click is WAAAAY too powerful for most conditions. The enemy is usually only a few hundred feet away, so use the right mouse click.

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

The rifle was taken out at the suggestion that it made the assault class weak and redundant. Figuring out classes is not at all easy when you try balancing maps and keeping some realism. The knee mortar was flexible, but it still required a 2-3 man team. I've seen no mention of a rifle being carried as well. But this is a small issue, easily changed. The question is, does it remain a support class or become the assault class or how do we differentiate it from the assault and anti-tank? As you can see, they are all kind of similar.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Maybe give them an SMG then (kinda like officer class). Befre they were a pickup kit on iwo so the rifles were more acceptible i guess.

The nambu is so weak, they have very little for close combat defence. (only give them smg and mortar. CQB class should have pistol smg and grenades)