RogueSnake79

I'm not too cool to Post

50 XP

16th January 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

yamato2.JPGyamato4.JPG The Largest Battleship to ever sail the sea's. I know that you plan to add it sence you have added the great german battleships. Right?

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

It's already in. Try Midway. It's just DICE's yamato with some cracked out AA guns and those Rufe fighters on the back, but it still kicks every form of ass.

RogueSnake79

I'm not too cool to Post

50 XP

16th January 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Ahhh. Thanks. Theres so many Damn DC servers I can't find a good Fh server most of the time. I guess thats why I missed it.

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Just start a lan game and try stuff out. good way 2 familiarise urself and avoid making a fool of yo sel when u hit a pub.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

just use ASE

Blistex²

Repeat Sex Offender

50 XP

20th November 2003

0 Uploads

269 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
RogueSnake79yamato2.JPGyamato4.JPG The Largest Battleship to ever sail the sea's. I know that you plan to add it sence you have added the great german battleships. Right?

Use the suggestion forum! And the Iowa and Yamato threads could have been the same one. Besides, if there was anything more useless than the Iowa class it was the Yamato class. See those two pics you included?

That's all the freaking yamato ever did! It was built, then 5 years later it was sunk!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Lol, the Yamato was already in the first retail version of bf1942....

It is much improved in FH though, much more powerfull.

The real Yamoto was really the best battleship ever built on this earth, and probably never will be beaten in that record since aircraft came wich were much more efficient then highly expensive battleships.

The Yamato had a mix of steam turbines and diesel engines that gave her quitte an operating range. In combination with a very flat and wide hull she was not deep in the water and could was very fast for a super heavy battleship. Unlike the battleships of other countries it's whole superstructure ( bridge and every structure abbove the deck ) was armoured against 15 inch battleship grenades, and the armoured belt even could resist 18 inch grenades. Brittish battleships could not have even dented it.....( including the George V class, the Prince of Wales is a George V class...ther goes realism, FH devs) while in return Brittish battleship superstructure would have been blown right off by the terrible 18 inch ( 360 mm ) armour breeching grenades of the Yamato class. Other countries battleships had not superstructure armour that could withstand battleship grenades because it would make the ship too heavy, ( that is too wide or too deep to cross continent canals like Suez and Panama ) they only got armour below the deck, the armoured belt or armoured raft they call that. Yamoto was entirely welded, wich saved a lot of weight and was revolutuonary.

Also the armoured plates, especially those of the turrets were of extremely high quality armour not found in any other armour system in other countries battleships, since that was extremely expensive. The Jappanese did it anyway wich resulted in a huge strain on their war economy and recources.

Anyway, no ship would have been able to knock the turrets out of operation. The 18 inch guns were the largest ever installed on a ship, and any other battleship that would receive grenades from it would have been doomed.

All this effort was ultimatly for nothing, as aircraft were relatively easy capable of taking her out. Therfore in all her glory, being the best battleship ever produced she never was usefull. One of the shot it did fire with one of it's main barrels was an experimental anti aircraft "buckshot". The giant 460 mm ( 18 inch ) barrel would spray such a shrapnel shower, all approaching aircraft would instantly be downed in quitte a large area. Unfortunatly for the Jappanese that munition exploded in the barrel, taking it out. So that turret had only operational 2 barrels left.

For the interested, and to stir up things a little, as far as i know no battleship could have stood against the Yamato. Brittish battleships had 14 inch cannons and 15 inch at best later in the war, unable to do real damage to the Yamato, while the Yamato would blow them right out of the water in return. The US Iowa class had 16 inch guns and could have damaged the Yamoto, but had much lighter armour then brittish battleships......they would not have stood a change against a Yamato class battleship neither. Iowa class did have a super heavy anti aircraft capabilty though, wich was very nessesary in WWII pacific theatre.

As a reaction on the Yamoto's the US designed Montana class battleships, wich were all four cancelled in 1943. ( by then it became clear battleships stood no chance against aircraft, so recourses were better spend on carriers ) These also had 16 inch guns, but would have been able to resist 18 inch grenades, thus being able to fight the Yamato on somewhat more equal terms.

As all know the US kept all four Iowa's after the war and didn't scrap them. With minimal crew they acted as coastal bombardment artillery in Vietnam and Lebanon, and today they still are held in reserve ( by my knowledge ) but never again will be used for fighting other ships for wich they were designed.

If the Prince of Wales were any realistic in FH, it would sink after contacting the Yamoto and exchanging a few salvo's.......strange that this DICE error ( DICE did that for balance issues ofcourse ) was never really corrected in FH while tanks are historically correct unbalanced. Iowa class would make no diffrence if it was added, they also were doomed on contact with a Yamato, wich never happend btw. FH 0.6 maybe ?

RogueSnake79

I'm not too cool to Post

50 XP

16th January 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Well, I must say I'm hurt. I didn't realize that I would offend so many with my threads, I assure you they are my last. When I first visited and started reading these forums I noticed that you guys could be pretty mean. So I should have given more thought before post'n a thread. I realize now I messed up, in post'n and com'n here in the first place. There are not that many FH servers on GS, its all DC. So I'm guess'n thats the reason I missed the Yamato is its on the Multiplayer Midway. I've only seen like 2 FH servers on there. And their always full.

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Yup most people that post or play FH seem to be the rudest asses in the BF gaming community.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Who_Flung_Poo?Yup most people that post or play FH seem to be the rudest asses in the BF gaming community.

It pisses me off when people suggest stuff that is already in game... I still remeber your "88 Eighty Eight" topic on the Suggestions forum.

rougesnake you didn't offend anyone. Just next time use the Suggestions forum and don't suggest stuff that is in game already.