Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok, I got all of my problems sorted out, and was able to play with no trouble last night. Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time left once I got everything straightened out. The weapons work great. I can finally blast away with the MP40, and actually hit something 30 yards away! The tanks, so far, so good, but like a n00b, I dont know how the sights work. (hello manual) The new Omaha is great...but I have one question. The flag nearest the beach of the west side of the map seems to be untakable after the allies get it. Was this intentional, like the original omaha, or a bug?

good job devs!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

You don't need a manual for the tank sights.....

Start an empty map on your own computer, and fire on tanks. Carefully watch where you need to aim the sight to hit a tank.

Remember that line or point on that type tank sight, it will be your default for most ranges.

Most tanks fire pretty flat line, so your default line or spot will work most of the time. You can regard that point as the place the crosshair centrepoint used to be in.

In tanks that do not fire in a flat line, you must practise in your empty map on firing on tanks at several ranges, and make notes ( or remember ) what line or point in the sight you can use on that range.

That will be a matter of guessing and experience......just as it was for most WWII tank crews. ( read the Tigerfibel )

The more you do it, the better you will become.....there is no trick or catch to it.....

Luscious

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Beast of WarYou don't need a manual for the tank sights.....

Start an empty map on your own computer, and fire on tanks. Carefully watch where you need to aim the sight to hit a tank.

Remember that line or point on that type tank sight, it will be your default for most ranges.

Most tanks fire pretty flat line, so your default line or spot will work most of the time. You can regard that point as the place the crosshair centrepoint used to be in.

In tanks that do not fire in a flat line, you must practise in your empty map on firing on tanks at several ranges, and make notes ( or remember ) what line or point in the sight you can use on that range.

That will be a matter of guessing and experience......just as it was for most WWII tank crews. ( read the Tigerfibel )

The more you do it, the better you will become.....there is no trick or catch to it.....

So there are NO tank sights PERIOD? This kind of ignores the fact that tank gunners had optical sights for aiming...

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

DUDE, JUST HIT F9(inside view) TWICE! There is a tank scope!

Luscious

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
ZR2manDUDE, JUST HIT F9(inside view) TWICE! There is a tank scope!

Thanks...like I said..I need to hit the manual for the infoz.

Gilson

WHYTHEHELLWONTFHWORKFORME !!!!

50 XP

3rd March 2004

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I may get on it tonight. OMG! There is a pig with wings out there!

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

glad to hear that its working :)

5thSander

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Any chance you can pplleeeeaassee share how you got it fixed. Some of my MP maps like the Russian huge tank battle Parakhorva, I think, crashes on loading. Ive installed on a complete re-install of BF from a deleted EA games folder. I have 1.6, .06, and .61 from FilePlanet. I know though its definetly not my system, P4 HT 6.0 Ghz logicaly (3.0Ghz), 1 gig corsair pc 3200 Dual DDR ram, Sata harddrives, Asus GeForce FX 5700. ABit IS-7 mobo. Latest drivers for everything. Your help would be much appreciated.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

i heard that he fileplanet files maybe corrupted these are the CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) of my FH .6 and .61 files Forgotten Hope 0.6 Install 1 of 2.exe C7F6AF4B Forgotten Hope 0.6 Install 2 of 2.exe BDD0B25E Forgotten_Hope_0.6_to_0.61_UPDATE.exe 94E155DB

5thSander

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I have no idea what that means?