CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago
General TaskeenNo, it's all about getting points when spawncamping, so the spawncampers can see their name on the top 3.

We were playing together the other night, Kharkov was the map. I was Allie for most of the game, We captured all the flags and I was the 1st one to enter the axis base. Taskeen was axis the entire game. I got killed while trying to steal one of the axis tanks, I came back, with about 4 other T-34s, with mine. The axis were sceaming at us the entire time, I couldnt stop laughing, it was so funny :lol: . Taskeen wasnt to happy about it either. Sooooo, I switched to axis, and started my anti camping tactics. I go engi, and now 2 of the T-34s were inside the axis base. One guy with a faust toasted one, and I expacked the other. I also shot about 5 allie idiots running out in the open. We were all holed up in the Barn there, lol it was fun. But we went down fighting, and I only died 2 times in the last 10-15mins of the game. I think being camped sometimes adds a bit more chalange, just as long as they arent sitting ontop of the spawn to mow ya down as soon as you appear. I think it has to do alot with if ppl are having fun or not. Thats imo (humble one 2).

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I hated that so much... but, my point being is that I went out and captured those flags. Why? Because the allies were to busy not defending their flags. In the end, spawncamping an UNCAPTUREABLE BASE (I hope I emphasized that enough) IS retarded and you will never see me doing it.

The next time the map came in rotation, I defended the north bridge the entire round. Allies did not know where I was hiding my tank (they kept thinking the flag was undefended and that all axis were hiding in the trees near the allied base).

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

lol, very sneaky.

Cpt.Andréason

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th November 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Read my post again : i said that spawncamping isn't that hard to stop. You only have to think right. that's all.

Alikchi

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

If you've lost to the point where you -can- be spawncamped, you probably deserve it. ;)

Cpt.Andréason

50 XP

9th November 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
AlikchiIf you've lost to the point where you -can- be spawncamped, you probably deserve it. ;)

My point exactly ;)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

spawn camping is hard to stop if you only have short range panzerfausts

Cpt.Andréason

50 XP

9th November 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

You can always outsmart a tank if you think correctly. Iv'e always been able to somehow sneek around and putting them out of business. It's based on 2 things: sneeky level of yourself and patience. Most spawn campers often role too far in to a base when people decide to hide from the enemy fire so that they (the spawncampers) can get even more kills. And that's what's kills them: greed. they drive further in and when that happens you can easely outflank them. and it's even easier if you have panzershrecks.

As i stated above, spawncamping can even buy you a loss sometimes :deal:

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

ya but sometimes you just have to accept that you have been beat. ie being surrounded at the german spawn at varislisk with ruskies coming in and stealing your only tiger

Executor

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I don't believe that killing people as soon as they spawn just to get a high score is right, but I do think it's OK to attack their main base (preferably shelling the base with artillery or bombing it, so they have the chance to escape) when your team has taken all the flags. I like to distinguish the two by calling the former 'spawncamping' and the latter 'base suppression'. BTW, Taskeen, do you frequent the XWA Upgrade boards?