Pulseczar

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

23rd January 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

sorry if this is a stupid question.. but are there any plans to include zeppelins/blimps in FH?

i think it would be really cool to see those huge behemoths in the sky..

i think i base half of my WWII 'nostalgia' on Indiana Jones films... ("where's the Germans on motorbikes?? :((((", etc.)

Pulseczar

50 XP

23rd January 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

btw, the thought of zeppelins came to me while watching the recent FH trailer.. at the end of the movie, it shows what appears to me to be a massive German bomber, with 6 propellers.. the thing reminded me of the German zeppelins..

also, with the zeppelins: perhaps you could attach a fighter to the bottom of it... don't i recall seeing a small plane of some-sort attached to the bottom of a zeppelin in one of the Indiana Jones movies?

i don't know if these ideas of zeppelins are realistic to the war - actual history - enough to include them in a realism mod... i haven't researched the history of zeppelins in WWII... just thought it would be very cool, if it was enough historically correct... (whatever 'enough' is..)

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I am modeling barriage ballons. Zeppelins?, I don't think they were used as a war vehicle but this can be discussed

Pulseczar

50 XP

23rd January 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

perhaps zeppelins wouldn't be used in the game as a moveable vehicle by players.. but perhaps as a spawn point.. or simply as something interesting to add to the map.. etc.

but if they were actually drivable vehicles, i think that would be the best - though, of course, not in a historically accurate mod, if the idea of them being drivable doesn't fit with historical realism..

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Of course would be a great eyecandy (I like also the Zeppelin of the Indiana Jones movie), we will discuss it.

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]I recently read that the Indy films are slated to be released on DVD 'round fall/end of the year sometime. Not foolproof fact, but if it comes to be that'd be pretty darn nice.

Zeppelins in-game. I completely forgot about zeps in World War II and I don't know how much they were used, but it would be great to at least see some in the skies on an appropriate map. And the idea of flying one around is even cooler. :agreed: You're right about the plane attached to the belly of the zeppelin in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, it's what he and his father escape from the zeppelin in.

Off topic, you didn't take your name from the Pumpkins song did ya, Pulse?

Edit: Just did a quick look for Indy DVD info and hit this link http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/merchandise/2003_april.php#0404290301 [/COLOR]

<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

picture this:

you in a mustang ahead a huge slow giant zepplin filled with HYDROGEN.

or say you are in a flak gun, and slowly lumbering overhead is a giant zeeplin filled with HYDROGEN.

im assuming you know the results.........

hehe, Picture yourself with a gatling gun at the Macy's day parade on thanksgiving....

im pretty sure that during wwii most of the military zepps/airships were used by the navy as spotters or observation posts.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

1 shot 20 kills ....

no i dont like the idea because they was slow and never used in the war ... (because 1 shot killed all zeppelins)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Zephyr

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Originally posted by Master Minder no i dont like the idea because they was slow and never used in the war ... (because 1 shot killed all zeppelins)

I thought zeppelins where in the 1st ww(as bombers) but I dunno if they were in ww2