ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

Not sure if this ever happened, but if FH does some objective maps maybe have one where the primary objective is to take control of a Zepplin and its hangar. Of course someone would have to make sure this did happen for the realism side of the mod.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Air ships were used to patrol the Atalantic for U-Boats I think one killed a U-Boat though but planes were much better sub hunters.

Pulseczar

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

23rd January 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

Originally posted by Vanthem [COLOR=burlywood]I recently read that the Indy films are slated to be released on DVD 'round fall/end of the year sometime. Not foolproof fact, but if it comes to be that'd be pretty darn nice. Zeppelins in-game. I completely forgot about zeps in World War II and I don't know how much they were used, but it would be great to at least see some in the skies on an appropriate map. And the idea of flying one around is even cooler. :agreed: You're right about the plane attached to the belly of the zeppelin in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, it's what he and his father escape from the zeppelin in. Off topic, you didn't take your name from the Pumpkins song did ya, Pulse? Edit: Just did a quick look for Indy DVD info and hit this link http://www.theraider.net/newsarchives/merchandise/2003_april.php#0404290301 [/COLOR]

yea.. it is indeed Indy Jones "The Last Crusade".. after writing this post yesterday, i went to Amazon.com and looked at info about all the Jones movies.. discovering that i had probably seen the zeppelin(s) in The Last Crusade, i downloaded it off Kazaa to go through the movie and watch all the cool German stuff (the zeppelin, the motorbikes, the panzer in the desert (actually, i'm not sure if that's a panzer, but anyway.. looked more like a panzer than a tiger, and i don't know much about any other German tanks), etc.).. when watching the part with the zeppelin in the movie, i remember thinking 'damn that things a lot bigger than i remember it to be'... that thing was just incredibly massive.. i don't know if our maps would really have space for a zeppelin that big, but would definitely still be cool, nonetheless...

btw, when i was looking on Amazon, i noticed they only had VHS versions of the Indy movies available, currently...

off topic:

wow, can't believe someone who has not only _heard_ of the Pumpkins, but recognizes the name of a very rare song.. (even though, not nearly as rare now.. as recently, the last year or so, Virgin Records released an audio version of the film Vieuphoria, in which one can find the song 'Pulseczar')

side note:

can you not change your name on this site, without having to register with a different email address? i no longer am a member of the Hell-fire Empire.. it appears it won't let me delete this account, or make a new account with the same email address, or allow me to change my name on this account... oh well, not that big of a deal.. :)

zeppelins, i think, would be so cool..

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]As pointed out before you didn't see a lot of Zeppelin's running combat missions, but I was mainly thinking it'd be cool to see one in the skies, in the distance, on a map where there had actually been one in the area. Just an interesting addition for Forgotten Hope to take into consideration in the future.

Lucasfilm never released Indiana Jones or Star Wars (as most people know) on DVD, much to the dismay of every DVD player-owning person in the world, heh. That's why the news that the INdy trilogy is possibly scheduled for fall makes geeks like myself so happy. :p

You can't change your name, nope, but I'll ask one of the higher-ups to switch it to just Pulseczar for you.

My girlfriend got me Earphoria for Christmas but I of course had listened to Pulseczar a million times long before that. :p Been a die-hard Pumpkins fan since around 1997 and they're still my favorite band. :stallard: I'll have to drop you a message sometime and see what you thought of Zwan's debut album. :D [/COLOR]

Pulseczar

50 XP

23rd January 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

yea.. if nothing more, hopefully zeppelins can at least become scenary/eye-candy in maps.. :)

Been a die-hard Pumpkins fan since around 1997 and they're still my favorite band. I'll have to drop you a message sometime and see what you thought of Zwan's debut album.

great :) you can message me on AIM: 'name is original', ICQ: '10814822', email: 'wlb0519@mail.ecu.edu'

:cya: (this smilie looks like he's smacking himself in the head, rather than waving goodbye. lol)

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood] :lol: Should add a pan in his hand. :p [/COLOR]

Pulseczar

50 XP

23rd January 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

lol :mepimp:

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

Actually, 1 little zepplin lost germany the war...

Battle of britain-

Britain has installed radar stations along the coast of britain. The Luftwaffe notices these, and so they send a Zepplin to investigate, to see if they actually are radar stations. It turns out the zepplin was on the one wrong frequency, or something along those lines, that made it miss the fact they were radar. So the luftwaffe wasnt ordered to bomb the stations, the british got the fore-warning they needed to keep the germans away, and the americans got a base to launch the famous D-day...of course, that wouldnt have happened without britain, and so america would only have africa, and not for long...

You guys are making BoB maps...make that one! the brits have to shoot down the zepplin! the germans have planes defending it...

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

(btw, to make it realistic, have the zepplin spawn, and hold, planes under it...they would be like accompanying planes, and the germans would spawn right above them, with an enter upon spawn command...if none were there, it would just be like paradroppers...)

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

This zeppelin thing is getting a bit far off...indiana jones movies are hardly appropriated to do historycal research. The hindenburg disaster happened shortly before the war, which means that commercial flights on hydrogen zeppelins were abandoned shortly after this.

about the last crusade:

- the tank is a wwI tank, not sure about the model (maybe ficticious...) - the fighters who attack indy's plane are not even german, i guess, but definitelly not messerchmit. - i'm not sure indy's plane is german - again...indiana jones movie's are not hystorically accurate, i recommend that you do your research in libraries.

The Rocketter movie also includes an hydrogen zeppelin, carrying SS troops invading USA, without even being noticed by anyone, even with the loud noise that those machines produced, on heavily patroled wartime skys...how dumb is that...?