darkmaster1055

Master of all things dark

50 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Whenever I try to play BF1942 some weird thing happens. The map loads really fast, and then I can play for about 10 or so seconds. Then, the disc either stops spinning or something happens that it freezes the game, and becomes unresponsive. Can have a bit of help here?

(And for the record, I finally got a half decent video card, but I'm plauged with problems. And what makes it wierder is that I can play BF2, but not BF1942. Wierd huh?)

Archimonde0_0

In Vino Veritas

50 XP

28th August 2006

0 Uploads

1,231 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well if its ur disk causing ur problems Find a CD Crack for it. A Cd crack will allow you to play without the Disk...but i dont think its ur disk in the first place. If you start up Battlefield 1942 You can remove the disk and continue playing without it in. Or your Battlefield may have some problems with its RFAs i suggest downloading the bF1942 server files and replacing some of your old files with the one you get in the Server installation and see what that does. Or Check ur Init.con File which is just before Archives to see if Something is messed with in there. If You use Battlecraft and are creating a map for another mod BC will write text in ur INIT that crashes the Game. Make sure in ur Levels and Archives Folders of ur main BF1942 mod directory are clean. What i mean is make sure there is only levels in levels and Game files like Standardmesh.rfa in your Archives Files. Because Stray Folders and miss placed RFAs can crash ur game, or even prevent the game from starting. Also Try Cleaning ur CD. Your Bf may also be Getting Runtime errors..in that case try reinstalling if thats the problem.

darkmaster1055

Master of all things dark

50 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Alright... I didn't understand too much of that, but I cant find my Init.con file, and the RFA's seem to be fine. I patched the game with the latest, and I reinstalled it, after cleaning the CD.

I got the same problem.

pwn3r1001

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th November 2006

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

very strange. well put your disc in it should go autoplay. If not just go start/run/"d:/" and then click the autoplay icon. Then press reinstall obviously, and after it uninstalls all of them and they aren't appeared on your desktop, before it asks for disc 1 go here.... RIGHT CLICK on start then explore. scroll to programfiles then go EA GAMES/battlefield1942 and delete the entire bf folder. Then continue and install the game. I would say it is your CD drive but you can play bf2. idk try downloading the bf1942 demo and if it works then it is defintly your discs. Hope it helps P.S. an entire game pack for all expansion packs and vietnam is only 20 dollars now!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Normally the disk is only used at the begining of the game to verify for genuiness, so it is correct that it should stop spinning after a few seconds, it doesn' tsound like a disk issue at all, more like drivers or something line that, did you update your vid card drivers after installing the new vid card? What vid card is it?

AK

:smokin: